Loot for a Vigilante City game?

loot

I’m a long-time GM of other superhero-based systems (played Champions for 15 years) and after running a Dungeon World campaign I want to get back to my roots and run a supers game for my own board game/RPG group. I came across ICRPG via a friend who felt I would like the fast-paced action the system seems to generate.

It’s pretty clear to me how to handle loot in a fantasy or sci-fi game from reading the rules but I have no idea how I should handle it in Vigilante City. Open to your suggestions.

Honestly, you could probably use any of the loot tables in the core book, though I would probably steer toward the sci-fi table and perhaps the epic table.

Thanks for the advice. My follow-up thought was to just rename items to give them more of a superhero flavour.

Oh yeah, for sure! Re-skinning or renaming is super easy to do to make it fit your particular supers game.

I highly recommend you check out this post with The Division ICRPG and check out what Kindred came up with. I think if your Superhero setting has tech it’s a great starting point.

https://forums.runehammer.online/t/tom-clancys-the-division-setting-remade/

I also posted some ideas for special gadgets that could easily transfer to Loot.

I completely agree with all of he advice on reskinning. I actually just made a post about converting Wisdom magic into sci fi loot to fit my setting better.

Doesn’t really matter what you have as all Tables have stuff that I think could work in a Superhero setting with some tuning.

Vigilante City seems to have more “modern items” so I think checking out The Division or something else modern may help.

Almost forgot to add this! It’s got some good examples for Loot and some Horrer-based bad guys.

Making up loot for a supers game would be sooo fun! Super suits that add to DEF, consumables that increase power tiers temporarily, and special artifacts that provide new powers. You can even come up with loot that bypasses or neutralizes particular powers (those of the bad guys or the good guys). I think random loot is less of the story for a supers game, but story specific loot is very much in the vein of the genre.