Looking for inspiration for a special session

inspiration

Hi!

In about 14 days I will be introducing ICRPG to some good friends who want to tip their toes into roleplaying.
Normally I’m not stressed one bit to play with new players, but this time I’m a bit anxious and nervous at the same time.

My wife and I are expecting a second child and we’d like to grab the oppertunity to ask one of our friends to become the godmother during this one shot session.
Therefore I have been eyeballing through my collection of puzzles and one shots. But I cannot seem to find one that catches my eye.

So here I am, calling out to you all for ideas and inspiration. Any leads or pointers will be much appreciated. I do not mind converting stuff, crafting necessary terrain, or printing minis.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

• a nervous GM

Well, first of all, congratulations! So exciting!

As for inspiration, I would keep it fairly simple and straightforward. Maybe go with DOOMVAULT? It’s pretty easy to run and really highlights a lot about ICRPG for new players. Plus there is plenty to work with as a GM so you shake off some of those nervous jitters.

If you want to be really on the nose and include elements with inviting your friend about being the godmother, you could always through in that the Ogdru cultists have taken a child (if your players are comfortable with that kind of thing) and the team is trying to rescue them before their dark machinations are complete?

Are you comfortable enough to through something together based off a premise? I’ve done the PCs hiding in a cave from an army with a crowd of innocents from town when they are discovered, the entrance blocked by archers, and an item is thrown in which keeps spewing out ghosts that possess the townsfolk, or the Duke offers a reward to anyone willing to scale the mountain after a dozen townsfolk have been kidnaped by a general and his army, and taken to the peak of the mountain that now has a giant glowing portal over it. You could even have a reverse dungeon crawl, where some guy shows up to town with a shiny gold idol he got out of a tomb, and 2 days later monsters are invading the town. Can you find him before everyone is killed?

I hope some of this help. Congrats on player #2.

Those are some cool ideas! I’ll start taking notes and see what I can make of that title you mentioned.

Thank you, thank you!

I’m open to anything, I’ve run all kinds of things. I’m a bit nervous because of the big question that we want to include in the session one way or an other.

Those are some really cool ideas, thanks!