LFM Barrowmaze game Saturday 4/4/2020

playthrough

BMC_Header

Barrowmaze by Greg Gillespie

We are looking for up to 2 more for a Barrowmaze game Saturday at 8:00PM Central time.
We meet at 8, start by 8:30, it’s a very sandbox/dungeon crawl driven game. There’s zero DM preparation, the game is run with a mix of 5 Torches Deep and ICRPG. These games are not recorded, but a camera and mic is good. Video and Audio through Zoom!

This is open to anyone, first come first in!

This sounds cool. What did I need to do to join up?

You just did if you are interested! I’ll send you the discord info once I finish work and we’ll get you set up!

Awesome. I’ll look for that later. Let me know what I need for a character and I’ll set one up before tomorrow too.

Thanks for the hearts and interest, group is now full! See you next Saturday!

Your still in RabidSquirrel!

Hey Jason! … Got any house rules you can share for your BM game? looking to run a game myself and looking for some new ideas for a dungeon crawl.

Game On!

Hey Jason do you still have room? I’d be interested in joining

1. Correct expectations, its a crawl! It’s about the journey not the destination. The game could be very RP heavy, very combat heavy, let the players run it, which means keeping it TOTM as much as you can. Moving tokens one by one around the massive map is too slow and kills the tention.
  2. Resources need to matter, running out of oil, fire or light the dark in a maze is next to death. Personally I think the supply rules in 5 torches deep are second to none in this regard.
  3. Time matters, track it, make players roll that wondering monster check every 20 min of in game time and every travel hex on the big map.
  4. The town is a massive RP hub that can wonder anywhere you’d like, it’s worth familiarizing yourself with the towns folk.
  5. Let the dice run the game, let players die. If they go into a room with 7 skeletons, it has 7 skeletons, don’t pull punches to keep them going. After they die repeatedly, which they will because it’ll be unlike most games they are use to with ICRPG or 5e, they will start running the game in interesting ways to hunt for survival.

ICRPG Dungeon Crawl rules and ideas

It looks like we are full this week, we had 4 other join up from the discord server and RabidSquirrel from here… but we might have openings next week. We post in our discord to do invites first usually, which your welcome to join here…

Fantastic game night!!!

The new party formed up, hired old man Maximus to guide them through the swamps to the cursed Barrowmoors in search of the Orcus Cultists responsible for the attack on the township of Helix. There they defeated a giant spider who ambushed one of the players while exploring quite crypts. They witnessed the horror of a defiled crypt as a young man’s phantom was trapped in a death loop, experiencing his final moment again and again. The Entire group resisted the hypnotic terror and continued their search of the maze. One of the hero’s stumbled upon a secret room where he found a cursed tablet of Nergal, God of Death, his mind was nearly destroyed by the fowl thing if not for the intervention of the Zealot Cleric to the god of Winds and a remarkable recover (NAT 20) to break free of the curse and recover.

Alas the journey was cut short when the party was ambushed by ravenous dead, the foul animation bringing them back over and over again, they just barely made it out alive, severally wounded.

Our adventure continues… next week.