Level 0 (Funnel) sheet and rules for ICRPG

craft

Hello Shield Wall, I want to share with you all VERY simple rules and character sheets for running funnels with ICRPG, the sheet is based on the master edition one.

ICRPG Funnel Rules

1. Roll on any occupation table that makes sense for your game, e.g DCC has good ones, and MCDM Arcadia No 09 also has one, the latter is the one that I use
  2. Distribute 3 points on abilities
  3. Distribute 1 point on efforts
  4. Occupation table loot, or 3 basic loot.

I just ran a 1on1 session with my wife and it was a blast.

I’m a fan of the funnel. I first heard of the notion on Professor Dungeonmaster’s “Dungeon Craft” youtube channel, in the context of how he uses it, based on Dungeon Crawl Classics.

For a particular group of stubborn friends who groan when I ask them to consider that D&D isn’t the end-all-be-all, I’ve been writing my own rules-lite version of “D&D” that utilizes the funnel. My sensibilities resonate with most notions from ICRPG, and so my homebrew also liberally borrows from Hank’s work.

Hopefully with my other less-stubborn group of gaming friends, I can convince them to try ICRPG in earnest. When I get that opportunity, I have to admit I’m inclined to do so utilizing a funnel-meatgrinder opening session – because they’re awesome. I am going to borrow your posted character sheet, thanks!