Legend of Zelda

homebrew
inspiration

Still new to ttrpgs, picked up ME back in Oct. Was watching my daughter play Breath of the Wild today and got inspired to try to make something I could run at home. Since I’m still new to it all decided to start with weapons and gear. Would love for y’all to check out what what I came up with today and give feedback and any other ideas. Thank you.

Hook shot - Hit Far - On hit Str roll for player & enemy or object, lower roll moves to higher roll location

Boomerang - Throw Far. On miss it returns Dex to catch.

Master Sword - +2 STR & Weapon. At full health Range Atk, Magic Dmg

Bomb - Throw near Gun Damage or Set Gun damage in 1d4 turns

Bob-omb - Moves near each turn for 1d4 turns. Touched before timer or timer ends Gun damage+2

Arrows - Fire - Burn

& Rods Ice - Freeze

Lightning - Stun

Mirror Shield - Roll ?? To Absorb Element. Store 3 of the same element in a row, release do Magic Dmg

Iron Boots

Hover Boots

Bunny Hood

Help adapting a video game loot to table top

they look amazing mind if i add them to my ever growing notepad of loot

Maybe bunny hood lets you move far as part your move action, or get a bonus to DEX
Hover boots. no roll to cross a gap
Iron boots cant be pushed, CON +1 and cant move far during movement

That all sounds good. I have to look up all the items for see what else looks fun to add. I know I still want to add the fairy, full heal for one or all. The other fun thing will be converting all the monsters.

This makes me so happy, especially that you included the full-health ranged attack on the Master Sword. You gotta have that!

The good part is using the tier system from the master edition it shouldn’t take much. It would be fun converting the temples as well depending on the version you converted. Ocarina of time would be crazy

Thinking of looking at mostly Ocarina of Time for temples and Breath of the Wild for enemies.

Makes sense, the gaudians and lionols are definitely tier 4

Need some help. Am I on the right path for converting monsters. Any input will help.

Lynel- Centaur like beast with lion like face and mane

+8 to stats +4 to efforts 5 Hearts multi attack

Weapon - 1d4 or pick weapon

1. Bow - Shoots 1d4 arrows
  2. Glaive - Standing jump attack driving glaive into the ground 2d8 damage to all close, DEX or knocked prone
  3. Sword - close one target and make 3 Atks. Target can roll to block or dodge each attack.
  4. Crusher - Spin attack hit all close with Ultimate or Ground pound deal weapon + push back

Weapon Attack
Straight line Charge - Grapple or swing with weapon. Deal Ultimate
Roar - push back all Close to Near. Con or frightened
Fire Attack - Shoot 3 fire range attacks. Magic damage (no AOE)
Fiery pound and roar - Ground pounds a a fire explosion hitting close and near. Magic + Ultimate

Roar I think should never CHA
Dex to dodge fireballs

Hope this works but here is what I have so far. Let me know if yall have any input on what I can make better or more ideas to add. Can’t wait to try in game.

Hook shot - Hit Far - On hit Str roll for player & enemy or object, lower roll moves to higher roll location

Boomerang - Throw Far. On a miss it returns Dex to catch.

Master Sword - +2 STR & Weapon. At full health Range Atk, Magic Dmg

Bomb - Throw near Gun Damage or Set Gun damage in 1d4 turns

Bob-omb - Moves near each turn for 1d4 turns. Touched before timer or timer ends Gun damage+2

Arrows & Rods - Fire - Burn
Ice - Slow
Lightning - Stun

Mirror Shield - Roll Target To Absorb Element. Store 3 of the same element in a row, release do Magic Dmg. Reflexes light.

Iron Boots - +1 Con, Hard to move - Can only move near, Can’t be pushed prone, and sink like a rock.

Hover Boots - Float for a limited time, Move over Far gaps. Move near but then skid to far trying to stop momentum.

Bunny Hood - Dex rolls are easy

Bokoblin -
+2 stats 1 Heart 1 Action
Club and Short Bow
Blue, Black, Silver, Gold

Moblin -
+4 Stats 2 Hearts 1 Action
Any object as a weapon, even Bokoblin…. Swing or Throw
Front Kick - Basic with knock back

Green Lizalfos
+4 Stats 1 Heart 1 Action
Swords, Polearn, Bow
Tongue Attack - Basic
Magic Damage and Dex roll to see effect happens
Red - Fire Breath - Burn
White - Ice - Slow or freeze
Yellow - Electric field - Stun close

Keese - Eyeball with wings and fangs
+2 stats 1 Hit Point 1 Action
Bite - 1 Damage
SWARM!!! - 1d10 # of Keese 1 Action
Lose majority of swarm roll Target to Flee
Possible Fire, ICe, Electric

Octorok - (in water) +2 stats 1 Heart 1 Action
Pops out of the water shoots a rock at 1 Target , hides, on hit 1 Damage, easy shield block
Deku Scrub - (on Land) +2 stats 1 Heart 1 Action
Pops out of the water shoots a rock at 1 Target , hides, on hit 1 Damage, easy shield block

ChuChu - Blue in color blob +2 stats 1 Heart 1 Action
Leap Atk - Jump to Near on hit deal Basic,
Red ChuChu - Fire Leap - Explode on hit Magic fire damage - 1 burn damage for 2 rounds
White ChuChu - Ice Leap - Shatter on hit Magic damage - Movement reduced for 2 rounds
Yellow ChuChu - Electric Boogaloo(Leap) - Explode on hit Magic - Stun for 2 rounds

Large ChuChu - Larger Blue blob +2 stats 2 Hearts
Leap Atk - Jump to Near on hit deal Basic+3
When reduced to 5 HP or less it grows in size and pops into 1d4 ChuChus

Wizzrobe - +4 stats 2 Hearts Walks in air and had Element Rod
Magic Atk, Turns Invisible and moes Near, reappears
On Low HP Roll to Vanish
Fire Rod - Magic Damage and burning, 1 damage at the end of player turn, Roll Con to end
Ice Rod - Magic Damage, and Slow at end of player turn roll Str to end
Lighting Rod - Magic Damage and Stun at end of players turn roll Wis to end

Lynel - Centaur like beast with lion like head and mane
+8 to stats +4 to efforts 5 Hearts multi attack
Weapon - 1d4 or pick weapon
Bow - Shoots 1d4 arrows
Glaive - Standing jump attack driving glaive into the ground 2d8 damage to all close, DEX or knocked prone
Sword - close one target and make 3 Atks. Target can roll to block or dodge each attack.
Crusher - Spin attack hit all close with Ultimate or Ground pound deal weapon + push back
Weapon Attack
Straight Line Charge - Grapple or swing with Weapon. Deal Ultimate
Roar - push back all Close to Near. Con or frightened
Fire Attack - Shoot 3 fire range attacks. Magic damage (no AOE), Roll Dex to dodge
Fiery pound and roar - Ground pounds and fire explosion hitting all close and near. Magic + Ultimate. If blocked with a shield it is destroyed.

Walking Guardian - 5 Legs 1 eye
+4 to stats +4 to efforts 4 Hearts Multi attacks
Each leg can stomp attack - Deal Weapon +4
Body Ground Pound - Deal double weapon
Eye Beam - Thin laser beam fired in straight line can reach beyond Far - Dealing 1 Heart of Damage, 1d4 rounds to fire again.
Legs can be removed. Remove 3 legs no longer mobile. Damage to eye or under bell deal double damage

Maybe try 1 heart per leg on guardian, falls over after losing 3 legs it collapses exposing the bottom.

I like the idea of a heart a leg.

I’m just thinking about the video game. When in doubt think like Hankerin. You could make the master sword ancient loot that makes magic do ultimate damage as a passive.

As I am heading down this rabbit hole was thing about using the Breath of the Wild map layout and monsters but add the mask sales guy from Majora’s mask as a roaming NPC. This way I can use the life forms and types from Alfheim and convert the masks into equipment with stats and abilities.

the deku mask shows korok when it should read deku, a small typo

Thanks for the heads up.

no worries i started this with you i owe it to you to see it through

which map of hyrule were you intending to base it on there are a few