KYMERA, a World Primer

kymera
ezzerharden
world-primer

KYMERA, a World Primer by Ezzerharden

Here is the latest world primer from yours truly. This is a project that I have been brewing for years. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

What you hold in your hands is the result of three years of trying to tame a monster of a project. KYMERA started as a campaign idea. The project grew, shrank, and morphed into this final form: my vision of a planet’s desperate and inevitable defeat.

In this setting, alien invaders, nanite-powered battle armor, and bio modified forces fight for the one and only resource remaining: life itself. The monster makers of the universe have landed and they need more material for their creations. Grab some tokens, dice, and a few friends. Can you save the dying world of KYMERA? You’ll need the secrets of the nanites, teamwork, and a little luck to survive… Game on!

For more of Ezzerhardens Incomplete Collection, follow me on my blog. ezzerharden.wordpress.com

I really like the spend and burn mechanic on nanites! Well done.

This is awesome Victor!
Tight and elegant text. What I love most is the Archetypes!
I’d love to run some mission scenarios in the future.

I would love to hear how they play out! … Game On!

Thank you for sharing, sir. I will definitely read up on it! :smiley:

Here is a world map that didn’t make it into the book… This is the wonderful world of Bali. The continents float above the watery planet that is covered in island chains below. … Game On!

A poster of this world would look amazing! :smiley:
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks. It’s on the to do list, but there is a lot on the todo list! … Game On!

Keep up the great work! :smiley:

Thanks! I spent a many a sleepless nights trying to get that mechanic to work.

I use small plastic cubes as the player nanite pool (different color for each player and black for the GM). They are used for teaching kids to count… I have painted a handfull of them silver to be used as platinum currency in the game.

For those of you that havent read the book:
NANITES: All Players, and the GM, begin with a pool of nanite tokens. Every creation point spent on your pool adds 3 NANITES to your total. The GM starts with 2 NANITES per player in her NANITE pool every game.

SPEND #: Remove the # of NANITES from your pool of tokens. Nanites spent regenerate at the end of encounters. Typically SPENDING Nanites allows you to activate special abilities or powers.

BURN #: Discard # of NANITES from your pool of tokens. Nanites burned regenerate next game session. Typically BURNING Nanites allows you activate more powerfull abilities or powers, some lasting the entire the entire game session.

The ability to monitor the amount of nanites you have at any time grants many special abilities but you cannot just use them at your will, the nanites power them and without nanites, you can be left powerless or at least severly hindered when you need them most. Dont hoard them, spend them as you need them, but keep the long game in mind. A lot can happen in a 3-4 hour session and I have seen many players burn thru their nanites before the real challenges begin, you have been warned… Game On!