KHAN'S SPELLS & FEATS VOL. 2 is released!

khan
spells
feats

@Hulahn
Thanks man!

The only update I have on physical copies is that the proof copy got lost in the mail.

I sent an email to drivethru telling that. I’m waiting for their response.

As things are the way they are, printing and shipping might take a long time, as in at least two months.

I was thinking about looking at Amazon’s print on demand service but I think it breaks my licence agreement with drivethrurpg and that is a no go.

Rest assured, I’m working on the problem!

New update:

Drivethru is going to print and mail me a new copy. The book is in queue to be printed but the queue is long, so it may take 2-3 weeks for it to be printed and shipped. Then I will have to wait for it to arrive.

At least things are back in track.

By the way, I’m talking about the physical version of Vol 1, not Vol 2. Vol 2 will come after Vol 1 is ready to be sold. It has to be this way because I’m using the same pdf template for both books so any printing errors (if any) like colors, margins etc. will be seen on both of them and fixing one will fix the other.

@Khan
That’s a bummer that alternative providers couldn’t be pursued in the interim, but great to hear that things are back in motion. Appreciate all the efforts you’re having to go through in order to get this into print–can’t wait to get my hands on a copy, it’s going to be awesome!

Thanks for the update.

Finally some great news!

New proof copy is on its way! Thankfully, it was printed way faster than expected.

I’m waiting for it with my fingers crossed.

I see that both the Vol 1 and 2 are now in Hardcover?

Is there going to be an update when the ICRPG Master edition drops?

Yes, both volumes have hard and softcover options now!

Good question about ICRPG Master Edition. I have no idea currently because I’m not in the know about upcoming changes and how extensive the changes to the magic system will be. I know that Hank said a couple of months ago that he’ll introduce changes to the magic system because a not-so-small portion of the player base didn’t embrace it/didn’t like it. I obviously don’t belong to that camp but that’s neither here nor there.

Like everyone else, I have to wait and see what the Master Edition will bring and move from there. If there will be substantial changes/simplifications to the magic system which would make updating the books impossible, then I’ll have to think of something else. Otherwise I’ll probably update the books to bring them in line with the Master Edition.

Hello,

Is there a version of just the feats, not the spell? Neither me of my players are interested in hundreds of new spell nor magicuser style. We run a low magic campaign and we are just into feats but they represent just a small portion of the two volumes.
I don’t fell like paying 25$ just to get them in pdf version.
Do you plan to separate at one point the feats from the spells, so people can buy what they intend to use?
Its a genuine question :slight_smile:

Hi there,

At first glance, this seems like an odd request. This is no different than saying “I’m not interested in chapters 1-3 of this book”. Normally, I’d expect most authors to take issue with such a request (don’t worry, I don’t).

Having said that, I understand your position. If you are absolutely sure that you’ll only use a certain portion of a book, paying for the rest will rub you the wrong way. I’d feel the same.

I have no intention to create chopped off versions of the books because that is actually a lot of work on the printing side. You are the first person ever to request something like this, so doing all the work necessary will be time consuming and expensive, without any justifiable return.

However, since customer service is something I take very seriously, I believe we can make it work. I’ll send you a PM with the details.

I just wanted to check if there was any update on the compatibility of your books with the new rules?

They are already compatible, with very little or no work, depending on your approach.

1. You can use the new rules as they are but increase magic users’ Stun Points as necessary. Spells (and feats, if you so choose) use Stun Points instead of HP.
  2. You can revert back to using ICRPG MAGIC rules (using HP for casting). That’s what I’m doing because I like that better.
  3. You can go with a hybrid approach and modify spells/feats as needed but I don’t really see a reason for doing this.

Awesome, exactly the answer I was looking for. Cheers!

Edit: I should have added that I’m fairly new to ICRPG, so I wasn’t sure exactly how the new magic stuff differed from the old. It’s good to know that the differences are minor and older material is still largely compatible.

Good luck with your ICRPG journey! It is much fun.