Journey to the Lands of Summer - Blood & Snow Adventure

adventure
one-shot-adventure

Hello, friends.

The background. Over a year ago I read Blood & Snow and loved it. Where I live the RPG community is very large but because of the language barrier and the fact people think RPG = Vampire or D&D, I took it to myself to share the awesomeness of ICRPG with them. It has been highly successful in my own group and with a few other players, so I had a sudden bolt of inspiration yesterday and wrote a 5-part one shot adventure with my own twist on the setting to run at conventions and teach ICRPG to other players.

So, I’m sharing this draft of the adventure with you guys. As I mentioned before, I’m not a pro writer in any form and English is not my first language, so any and all feedback and even grammatical corrections are welcome. Commenting rights are turned on for the file.

Hope you guys enjoy and have fun. Thanks in advance!

EDIT. Just had the idea of summarizing the story here for those not interested in reading the whole thing. Hey, sorry, I’m learning.

Adventure Summary

In Part 1 the heroes (the best of the Tribe) hunt a mammoth to help their people survive. Serves as introduction to the rules and story.

In Part 2 it is revealed the Seer of the Tribe had a vision of a land where hunt and food was plenty and there was no ice. The Tribe is at the brink of civil war, divided between those who want to follow the Seer’s vision and those who want to focus on staying put and fighting the Enemy Tribe. The heroes can influence one way or the other.

In Part 3 the heroes climb Bone Mountain searching for the Teachers and the secret of the path to the land dreamed by the Seer (OR a way to defeat the Enemy Tribe in war). They fight a monster and find out that the world is about to be destroyed, so they should flee.

In Part 4 the Tribe journeys through the ice to the paradise dreamed by the Seer. The journey culminates in a full blown battle against the Enemy tribe.

In Part 5, the epilogue/twist the survivors find out the truth about the Seer’s vision and reach the end of the adventure.

DEATH OF THE SNOW QUEEN adventure
Sequel adventure to "Beneath the Door"
Sequel adventure to "Beneath the Door"
Question on verbage in Master Edition

This is awesome! I’m itching to run this now.

Thank you foryour kind words, Kingroy. After many many years of Game Mastering I’m finally trying to write the stuff I put on the table for players. Hope you have fun and please let us know how it went if you run it, ok? :smiley:

Good job and good read. Thanks for sharing.

An excellent adventure/scenario you have laid out here. A real example of an ICRPG adventure.

This is just amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:
:herocoin: to you!!

Thank you all for your kind words.

This was the first time I wrote an adventure for others to read (100s of plots on my GMs notebooks, but those don’t count, right) and your voice help us to keep going on and keep trying. I’ll keep updating and improving the file for other GMs to take inspiration from.

Best community ever, everyone says. And it is!

Howdy,

Excellent work here. Especially love the way it starts, introducing the group to the game. Will run this as soon as I get a chance, and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your hard work,

Dice Goblin