I've had some time away from rpgs. And it sucks

So a few months back I ran a game for some friends. I had one particular individual who was for lack of a better term, , a bit of a dick.

I made a post about our session on these forums but despite some of your best efforts, he had killed me. My drive for rpg’s had gone. I cancelled my patreon as I wasn’t using it, stopped watching vods, no forum interaction what so ever for about 3-4 months.i had put down my shield and left the wall.

Annnnnnd its been shit. I started playing Starcraft2, joined an esports group aswel. But the world of competetive gaming is not one of creativity and helpfulness. Its of stress, venting about minor things and pressure. I found myself looking at units in the game and being like “oh man I’d love to run a session in the starcraft setting”. So I’ve picked up my icrpg 2e book again, dusted off the journal, and started plotting.

As of today I pick up my shield, rejoin patreon, stand beside my creative brothers and sisters and ask:
Whats being going on in runehammer land while I’ve been away?

Welcome back! It sucks to have that experience but maybe the break will help recharge your batteries?

In the meantime;

• There is the new ICRPG 2e Quickstart which is fantastic.
  • War Maker just got announced (Might be a great way to run Starcraft battles! Combine it with ICRPG and you could make a sick game where some sessions are small scale missions and others are large scale battles?)

Welcome back brother! Here, take a :herocoin:

I really feel you, it was this hobby that rescued me from my depression-fed League of Legends hikikomori lifestyle some years back. :heart:

A Starcraft2 campaign sounds super cool! Are you going to adapt warp-shell style things for it?

Man, I’m looking to GM a game of ICRPG or something, hit me up! I’m ready to GM for a single player for a start. After that, we can invite people!

Was it DAVE? It was DAVE, wasn’t it?

Joking aside, sorry you had a rough experience with a bad player. From your older posts it looked like you were growing as a GM. I hope when you get back into a game you share more reports.

Glad to have you with us again! Strength, Honor, and Beer!

Welcome back, my brother! You can’t let the DAVES of the world get you down!

It sucks how one really crappy player can really bring a person down or even make others stop gaming altogether. Glad to hear you’re picking the shield back up!

Welcome back!

If you’d like to run a StarCraft game, I’d love to join! :grin:

No one is an infinite pool - Been on the gaming spectrum since the 70’s, please accept much grace and peace from me. Wish I had a potion of psychic restoration to send through to either. A message of such must suffice. Between the pixels and OpenGL of many a standard video game is some rich story-land to be nurtured and explored. Good gaming to you; Remember, there are many forms of Jumanji.