Iradrum Question

Hey, everyone! N00b DM to ICRPG. I was reading over the “Worlds” section and read that Iradrum has been destroyed by Durathrax. However, the Doomvault adventure is set in the capital city of Nordburg. Did Nordburg survive? Were only the mountainous areas of Iradrum destroyed? I saw people online talk about how it’s a diverse starting area but it’s supposed to be decimated. Am I missing something? Or (more likely) am I just overthinking it?

Thanks!

When Worlds was first released, Iradrum was intact. Now, after years of playing, Master Edition (and its updated Worlds section), reflects what has happened in our games in terms of living lore. Durathrax destroyed it. In terms of timing, the Doomvault existed as an adventure even before Worlds was released. So who knows?

Here, play how you want for your games. What makes the most sense to you? If you don’t accept that Durathrax destroyed Iradrum, then it is a vibrant area. If you accept Durathrax destroyed it, maybe you are now embarking on a story line where Iradrum has risen from the ashes and has found new glory many years later.

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

Actually, that would be a great intro…
PC’s are from Nordburg - Doomvault - PC’s are heroes (THEY accidentally wake up Durathrax?) - Iradrum destroyed - campaign to travel the world for maguffin to stop Durathrax’s plans.

you could make the doom vault the only source left making it a contested location