Input requested

Looking for constructive input on this cover. Thanks!

I really like the art, man. It’s fun. But, as we were chatting on Discord, the rest should match. I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I totally agree that the art is super fun. The two red explody bits are kind of off putting though, they look out of place with the rest of the cover. I’m awful at layout and don’t really know how to fix it. Maybe tone the red down or make it semi-transparent and carry the graph paper lines through them? Or what if they were hand drawn in the same style as the art and a little less bright?
I think it looks pretty good overall, those two spots just seem to detract from it a bit.

Thanks, brother. I appreciate it.

That seems to be the consensus. I’m going to go all my own art/style on it and keep it consistent. Thank you!!

That’s my feedback. I think those callouts are good, they just need to be in the same style as the rest.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQux7YR8Ho Good Ole’ Hank just put this one out, it has a lot of great insights in layouts and page designs that would offer a lot more good advice than a plebeian such as myself could. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to make sure to check out his section on tangency… I looked back at a lot of my work and realized this was my biggest problem with my compositions.

Awesome, thank you! I’ll definitely check that out.