Indoctrination and more

Man, I can’t come on this page without spending money, lol. Just got my two Runehammer shirts in from RedBubble (with the wizard lock on them - black on red and white on army green), and then stumbled across Junk’d and bought that (don’t know how I never saw that before)…

But anyway, I just wanted to briefly say that I ran a one-shot of Blood & Snow for a bunch of gamers who are traditionally D&D peeps. One of the guys also used to use FATE as his go-to for building other games and worlds. I was out in Lake Tahoe, teaching, and I ran this one-shot for a bunch of the students (it’s a low-res creative writing MFA program - so these were all adult storytellers). It was FANTASTIC. Needless to say, most of them are now ICRPG converts and I know some of them went on DriveThru that night and bought the books.

One thing that I did, that I stole from PBTA games was to generate a series of questions, such as:
Who do you not trust and why?
Who are you related to?
Who do you share a secret with and what is it?
Who did you have a vision of? What was it?

Etc, etc…I had one more question than the number of players. I had them roll a d20 and the highest got to choose from the list first. Each answer selected was no longer available to the other players and the stuff they came up with was AWESOME. Not even just instant connection/game night stuff, but potential campaign material. Also, once one character was selected, that character could not be picked as the answer to someone else’s question. That ensured that every character had some kind of connection to someone else.

They absolutely loved Blood & Snow and ICRPG in general (of course). :slight_smile:

Just thought I’d share!

@Quirkville Really awesome! I’m glad to see more folks coming into the fold. Thanks for being a good ambassador for the system!!!

I love those questions. My players aren’t really heavy role players so I think I might use those to encourage some of that. Thanks!

Some of the other questions were:
What important experience have you shared with them?
What do you owe them and why?
Why do you look up to them?
Why are you jealous of them?

Have fun with them! One character said he had a vision of another player’s character that they had left their tribe and gone off on their own. They married and started a new clan. And because of that, their character was always subtly trying to get closer to this other character and make a connection. Another character didn’t trust the other because…he angered her before and so she cut off one of his toes! Incidentally, she wore the toe bone as an earring. Another character’s shared secret was that he was not as brave as he made himself out to be/boast and had never actually killed any animal (he claimed to be this ranger/hunter)…and he totally didn’t want to! Only he and another character knew this (and I gave him hard rolls on trying to fight any animal type beast he might run into and have to fight). Another character decided that they were cousins with another and so, the shared resources between them became easy and important. It was really instant back story and interconnection building and they had SO much fun coming up with answers to these questions!