I'm starting a tabletop YouTube series

Hey shield wall, I’ve recently decided to attempt to make a YouTube series on world building. I want to also dedicate it to ICRPG and Runehammer for all the mind blowing concepts and ideas that come from every corner of the ICRPG universe and just to support the game system we all love so much.

With that said I would like to know what elements of world building everyone is most interested in as well as the elements that get forgotten.

I’m wanting to dive deep in my videos and discuss how things relate to each other in an intricate way. Creating a vast video compendium of everything someone might have any interest in.

Here in my introductory video:

I would greatly appreciate any feedback

Thank you my Shield Brethren.

Great! Excited to go on a journey through your journals.

Great video man! I can really tell that you are passionate about it. I look forward to seeing more.

That’s awesome! I feel like anything you do should involve visuals and dynamic movement of elements. Otherwise it might as well just be a podcast. Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

Very cool, will be Interesting to see where it goes.

Constructive criticism part:
Fix the buzzing sound, camera and lighting are good, but even if those where not so good, audio is the thing to focus on.

Have a B roll to splice in to hide the cuts, and not have you reaching off camera.

If instructional, perhaps do voice over. If it’s more stream of consciousness, no cuts, and be closer to the camera.

Not sure you got your point across, you described world building as scene building and then what you liked most about world building is connecting those screens…connecting the scenes is world building. A room can be a world.

Might be instructive. Different medium, but still really good perspective.

Prep a video like you prep to run a game. Outline, perhaps script it, perhaps rehearse.

Great intro video gave you a sub and I will be watching the rest of your videos later today.

I like your videos and look forward to seeing more of them. I’m curious to see what you’ve created in your world-building journals!

A bit of constructive criticism: in addition to the things Paxx mentioned already, I would suggest that you try to speak a little more quickly. I suppose you are likely a softspoken guy in person so this might be hard for you, but I really think a little more energy in the presentation will help you in the long run.

But, hey, I’m super impressed that you’re making videos at all! I’m not! …yet…

You mention four ICRPG books? I only know of three: ICRPG Core, Magic, and Worlds. Am I missing something?

Vigilante City.

Yeah, I got that, as well as XDZ. I was wondering if 3 is all the core books. It looked like Matt was holding 4 core books, but I couldn’t see what they were.

Maybe it was 1st and 2nd Edition of Core in there

In the video i do have 1st and 2nd edition, as well as worlds and magic.