If You're a New User, Read This First!

The base is Discourse, but it’s custom built with a custom theme.

I’m new and appreciate this thread! :smiley:

Welcome to the Shield Wall!!!

@Dirtstarr look at this post for the name of the platform. It is Discourse.

Well said. Happy to be here.
Found 1 typo. :nerd_face:

7. Exiting Out of Posts

To return to the main thread at any time, simply. slick. on the RUNEHAMMER logo

I’m tickled there was only one. :smirk:

Thank you very much. This will make the forum so much easier to navigate.

I’ve finally joined the shield wall officially on Patreon :fist: how do I display my badge on my profile pic? It doesn’t seem to be anywhere :man_shrugging::thinking:

It’s there. See the attached.

Oh, and, welcome officially to the shield wall!

Oh I can see it now!!! Yay! Thanks a lot!

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask and I’m kinda lost, so I’d appreciate any help here and sorry if I messed up.

What’s the difference between the ICRPG Think Deck and the ICRPG Essentials Deck?

No worries. Most of the time you could start a new topic with any of your questions so that all the responses connect back up to the main post.

But the main difference between the two decks of cards is that the Essentials Deck is a compilation of the 100 most widely used/best index cards from the 4 Index Card Volumes, printed as playing cards.

The Think Deck is an idea/session planning tool that Hank developed to generate new ideas and get thinking for session prep. You draw cards from a deck that has things like Greater Foe, Doom, Deadly Peril, Allies, etc… and then depending on what suit or what orientation you draw, it might influence the meaning of cards and how you might interpret them for your game session.

Hope that helps!

Live Stream of the Think Deck Explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdtsLhZayU

No worries at all! Kane nailed it.

I would also point out, though, that the essentials deck can also be used as a session planning and idea generation tool, as that was the original purpose of the index card images when Hank created them. To me, I like my Think Deck, but that Essentials Deck is super sweet. Also, if you are playing at the table, those images look awesome when you set them down.

Thank you, @KaneDriscol and @Alex , you’ve been most helpful. Now I know which one I’ll put on my wishlist :wink:

This was awesome to read through. I wish more of the forums out there took the time to break things down for someone new to this type of media consumption. Job well done guys!

Thanks for all the work on this!

Excellent intro to the forums. Thank you for the orientation!

I agree. Alex has really put an awesome intro to the Runehammer forum.