IDEAS & REQUESTS

forum-feedback

As a new user, I think the forums work great! The ONLY THING is that links do not open in a new tab… I mean WHY would I want to go away from these amazing forums!?

Seriously, it would be super nice to make links open a new tab.

Just ctrl+click on the link and it will go to a new tab by itself! Cheers!

That is also a setting you can change in your Preference / Interface / Other.

Is there, or could there be a links area - to the Runehammer page, to the Patreon, maybe to drive by?

Perfect!!! Thanks so much!

A dice bot, or something similar, on this forum would be pretty neat!

I think it would be cool if there were a subforum/category where we could offer up our original homebrew monsters (ideally grouped by heart rating) with stat blocks following the examples in the official published sources and GM notes on our experiences running them—kind of a shared resource for all the members looking for new ways to populate their dungeons and other encounters.

Expanding Runehammer

Can we change the Hearts on the forum for Beers? Or Viking axes? XD

You can actually do that: next to the scrolling bar of the thread, at the bottom, there should be a big dot called :red_circle: Tracking. You can click on it and mute the subject! There are other options, too!

I’d love a list of advancement options for when my PC’s are ready to “level up”. I’d love a sheet of options I could give them to pick from. Perhaps a list of feats or skills they could look at. Anyone start something like that?

There are certainly a million options already in ICRPG, including the class abilities themselves, milestones, milestone loot, path progression options, starter rewards, and any of the items from the loot tables. Second edition has a good list for each class.

Altered State has a good framework for leveling up, along with some nice milestone tags too.

But if you are looking for something in addition to all of those items and lists (almost crazy to me), you might take a look at Khan’s Spells and Feats, a third party product but one with a zillion more “things” you could look at.

How can I create a post? Please help.

I’m new here and I got the message that all new user restrictions have now been lifted but I cannot find the button for creating a topic. I only found the reply buttons, which is why I’m writing this here. I read that the new topic button should be somewhere on the top left but there is nothing there. I’m on Windows and I tried Chrome and Edge browsers.

We may just need to ping @Alex who can help get that sorted for you :smiley:

Hey @edwinst, you should be good to go now. Sorry about the frustration, but we have been cracking down on spambots for a bit. Welcome to the shieldwall!!!

Id love to see a mobile app for the game so tracking a character sheet was just point and click ,but it would take away from the awesome feel of pen and paper

It would be cool to have CHA based spells

it would be nice to have a monster compendium from all 5 worlds, with room for homebrew worlds

Hey, M1rage, what’s up?

I totally agree with the idea of CHA-based spells, I love the idea of having the three mental abilities being used for different kinds of spells. What I did was divide spells in three groups and add spells from other games too. (In my games, INT-based spells are taken from wizard/sorcerer/warlock lists, WIS-based spells are taken from cleric/paladin lists, and CHA-based spells are taken from druid/ranger lists, as are all ‘summoning’ spells).

Another idea, a kind of “D&D-like” spellcasting system is:

Wizard-type characters cast INT spells (p. 46) with INT and use the School of Yog (instead of crystals, the school’s rules represent spell slots, scrolls, etc., with the same effect) and Spell Books options combined. Option: 10 spell slots, use one per casting, only recover when studying spell book in the timeframe of hours.
Cleric-type characters cast WIS spells (p. 45) with WIS and use the School of Gods and Holy Backfire options.
Sorcerer-type characters cast INT spells (p. 46) but with CHA and use the Wild Mage (Backfire, p. 47 + Spell Burn, p. 80) options.

If using race-based spellcasting options, then:

Humans and Halflings cast INT spells (p. 46) with INT and use the School of Yog (instead of crystals, the school’s rules represent spell slots, scrolls, etc., with the same effect) and Spell Books options combined.
Dwarves cast WIS spells (p. 45) with WIS and use the School of Gods and Holy Backfire options.
Hill Folk cast WIS spells (p. 45) with WIS and use the School of Nature option.
Dragonborn and Elves cast INT spells (p. 46) but with CHA and use the Wild Mage (Backfire, p. 47 + Spell Burn, p. 80) options.

(note: page references are for ICRPG CORE 2E, not the Master Edition)

Could we get a cadre of immortals to run one shots or short arcs for new players to show them how things like ICRPG, EZD6, and VDS were meant to be run? I think a lot could be learned by seeing these game in action run by GMs with lots of experience who helped create the culture that spawned these systems.

Anyone start something like that?