ICRPG system for Foundry VTT

vtt

Been using Foundry for a while now and only recently got myself the ICRPG ME book. I spent a morning last week just putting in all of the Alfheim basic loot and spells from the book (the 100s of items from the loot tables would take way too long). Having done that, and generally poking around the system, I noticed that items created from the character sheet get stuck with just the basic item type. Is the only way around that to create an item the standard way? If so, I’d suggest adding a way to pick an item type when creating an item from the sheet (changing item types would be nice, too, but might be more work than it’s worth I figured)

I have a question for those who’ve played ICRPG on a VTT. How do you deal with the Close/Near/Far system of distance in a VTT? VTTs tend to be built around the idea of grid based movement, and ICRPG is more tailored to off the cuff rulings.

I haven’t ran a game in Foundry yet, but I’m also in the process of setting up Foundry to run an ICRPG campaign. I was planning to just distill the Close/Near/Far system into general distance measurements - the ME book says Near is about 6 inches on the average tabletop, and the average tabletop uses 1" squares that represent a distance of 5 ft. Therefore, Near is about 30 ft - I’d treat Far as about 2 to 3 times that, and Close within 5-10 ft (1-2 tiles). I suggest using a module like Drag Ruler so you can see the distance when you move a token, even in a gridless scene.

EDIT: While I’m here, would it be possible to add a Consumable as an item template? It’d be nicer to have, say, a food item be able to be eaten and confer HP rather it having to be done via the DM - or even just a way to post item descriptions to chat with a press of a button just to show what the item’s doing.

just got foundry and install the icrpg system on it which is really dope, but im having the issue of many of the buttons arent working, like add abilities, spells, or loot. im on the newest version if that helps.

Using the newest version of foundry, the plus icon buttons that are used to add abilities, spells, and LOOT are not working. The button lights up when hovering over it but clicking it does nothing. Weirdly the plus buttons for adding effects still works.

There’s a new version of ICRPG Master Edition for FoundryVTT, it’s V10 compatible (I think it’s still waiting for approval) but you can install via the github page

Oh! Love the functionality on that one, though I’m not entirely sold on the visual design compared to the older version. Like, the sheets in the old version felt more compact and more intuitive to navigate.

The UI changes also don’t play as well with the UI theme module I was using with the older version - that’s more of a personal gripe, but I might still stick to the older version for my upcoming campaign, just 'cause I have my own visual style I’m going with for it rather than the ICRPG ‘house style’.

I know there’s probably a way to use the Custom CSS module to tweak things to my liking, but I’m not that knowledgeable about CSS…

I’m not sure where to report this, but after I updated, notes are no longer showing up on the character sheet. I can still edit them and it saves the information, but it does not show on the sheet.

EDIT: This also happens on abilities. But not on items, and spells.