ICRPG Ship Combat and Maneuvers

I created this rule set as a sort of expansion on the Aurora setting by @Kindred. I really like what he created with the ship CHUNK idea. I decided to roll with that and add a little more to it. This rule set adds a "crew CHUNK and explains how the crew chunk effect the ship in sailing as well as battles. It also goes into ship items and how they effect the ship and I added some historical maneuvers as game ideas for anyone running a pirate based game. Let me know what you all think.

This page got cut off I’m still working on the formatting. This chart is supposed to be a d10 so you can roll random ships.

This looks cool! But why is it all JPEG and not a PDF? Do you need help creating one? I’d be happy to.

@Chaosmeister Thanks. I can get it into a PDF but posting it as a pdf is a different matter. Let me know what you suggest for that.

I would suggest you load it up to google drive and share it from there :slight_smile: That’s how I do it at least. Any file hoster will do really.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19J0WRjsxALHghkeNklvPHjWA_28vFBuK/view?usp=sharing

Try that link.

Thank you, works flawlessly!

I was in a hurry posting this yesterday so I wasn’t able to add some notes. I’m pretty familiar with historical ship design and function but less so with game design so if any of this doesnt make sense or could be improved please let me know what you think. I want to find a good balance of historical and fantasy.

The table design sperates out rigging type and hull type. This was done to some extent historically. Some times pirates would change out a square rig with a schooner rig to make the ship less recognizable at a distance. That could be a tactic dms or players can use. Also it differentiates the chunks so the rigging hearts can be easily determined.

This hasn’t been play tested in a group setting so if any one tries it let me know how it goes.