ICRPG settings

Has anyone made or considered making a Indiana Jones or Jumanji style game setting?

I am specially thinking of:

Heroes
Starting equipment
Weapons
Loot
Bad guys

Just curious. As much as I like swinging a sword or casting magic I really enjoy a more simple weapon/ wits game.

DmChef

Beyond the door is what I was thinking of.

I’d use weapon mechanics from ghost mountain (guns, etc) then probably make some interesting baddies, loot, and maybe some custom classes? But yeah I’d base most stuff of Beneath the Door.

Hot damn, yes. I want to play this like yesterday, hehe. I have a huge love for pulp adventure.

I ran a re-themed Eyes of Sett adventure for two of my buddies set in an IJ type universe. Lemme see if I can dig up the doc I made…

That’s what I’m talking about!

I think a game in the Buckaroo Banzai universe would be badass too.

Don’t forget the Nazi’s secret base…on the moon!

I was going to answer and try to spitball some mechanics but then I read the responses from other folks and was blown away. Yeah, totally–the stuff you need is right there in the books. I would never have thought to repurpose Cthulhu horror and wild west purgatory games into an Indiana Jones flavored game–but holy crap you guys was that a perfect answer. Freakin’ geniuses you guys! That makes me want to do a game like that now. Awesome.

Fantastic community. That’s what I tell people. This is just a freakin’ fantastic community!

So I’ve been tinkering with a Welcome to Night Vale scenario based on the Podcast of the same name, but damn if this Indiana Jones/ Jumanji idea isn’t taking over my brain. So Night Vale is on hold while Pulp Adventure devours my brain. You folks are just plain awesome.

As mentioned above I’m definitely using character types from Beneath the Door and gun rules from Ghost Mountain. It’s just too perfect. Time to get some serial adventure for breakfast.

Coming soon:
The Temple of the Peacock Throne