ICRPG online Players wanted for a one shot 9pm Eastern Friday3/1

I’m looking for some players to play some online ICRPG. I will be using the Slack web based platform (no downloading needed) and Google Hangouts for Voice chat. No player video. It will be heavily Theater of the Mind but with ample visual aid for scenes and PCs/NPCs.

Why Slack? I’ve used it for years in work circles but now more and more people are using it for gaming purposes. It allows for images and text and plenty of slick organization methods for game and campaign references plus other features. You can participate in your browser or by app on mobile devices (though for our actual gaming session you’d want to be at a computer most likely though you could still participate on your phone or tablet). I’ve looked at roll20 but honestly learning to GM on there seems like a major process. The Slack format is super fast to get people rolling and with no learning curve.

As I’m on a Superhero/ICRPG kick at the moment, I’d like to start off with a one shot as early as this week for up to 4 players. I expect it to run about 3 hours. I can be flexible between (Pacific Time) Thursday afternoon or evening. Otherwise Friday or Saturday evening. Whichever would meet the needs of the majority of those interested.

Players would only need:

• a basic understanding of ICRPG
  • your character sheet
  • dice
  • Receive an invite (link) from me to the Slack Team (group). I’d send this to you as a DM here on the forum. You then sign in with your email and make your password.
  • Google Hangouts for Chat
  • A basic knowledge of the DC universe or at least your character is preferred but not required.

As GM I’ll take care of everything else.

I really think this will be a brilliant way to have some online ICRPG action. If it goes as well as I expect the doors are open for future one shots or even campaigns.

If this sounds fun, please post here and will get the ball rolling.

(EDIT: seems Google Hangouts will be a better option for Voice chat than Discord.)

Looking To Join A Oneshot Game

I am not sure if the web version does it but there is a dice plugin for slack

Sweet! Thanks @DMChef ! I checked into it on your advice. I found and added the Dice bot to the Slack channel. Now there’s an in-game option to role digital dice for us.

sound fun, keep me posted as to when and where.:+1:

Update: I am firming up the time as 6:00pm Pacific/9:00pm Eastern this Friday, 3/1. Currently I have one interested member from this forum so we have 3 open seats.

To make it easy, here’s a direct link to join the team if you want to check it out (this link will expire in a week but I can reissue future ones).:

https://join.slack.com/t/wildstarrpg/shared_invite/enQtNTYyNDczMzY0NzI3LTNkYWMwZWU2MzA1OTRkOGRhOTEyNTc5NjhkZjhhNjAwNGJmNzRjNDhlNjk4NTliMjIwMjg5Zjg4NmUyYWI5Yjk

More about me: I’ve gamed for years and have hosted many gaming events and tournaments. I strive to be very welcoming and a good facilitator when it comes to getting new faces together such as con events. I’ve been wanting to get it in more ICRPG but as we know, it’s still (for now) very niche within a niche. So I’m hoping I can find some lumpyheads here to experiment with this format this Friday. As a experienced Slack user and ICRPG aficionado, I will make the gameplay smooth and engaging. As mentioned there’s even a dice roller plug in so technically you’ll just need your character sheet, a pen and the internet. :slight_smile:

I expect we’ll have a great time and then take it from there. Furthermore, this Slack channel will allow any of us to run games in a similar fashion.

Your Character:: Choose a DC Hero of your choice*. Using ICRPG rules:

Distribute 8 attribute points and create 5 “Loot Items” -either equipment or powers-representative of your character.

For this Friday’s one-shot, feel free to post there (or here) any questions on character build.

Also, if you’re unfamiliar with Slack, here’s a Youtube overview:

Sounds great. I’ll sign up.

As of now 2 people from this forum have connected with me for this Friday’s one shot at 6pm Pacific time. We have two seats open still.

Even if you can’t make the time slot this Friday, you’re still welcome to jump into the Slack channel via the link below to take a look around and ask questions or give feedback. I’ve posted some overviews for players and GMs there. Best case scenario-this can be an ongoing resource as an online RPG house with a low barrier of entry. While this concept will work for any RPG that could be played online, obviously I’m partial to ICRPG being a great match. That’s why I’m fishing here first before other RPG forums. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Wildstar, post:5, topic:1326”]
https://join.slack.com/t/wildstarrpg/shared_invite/enQtNTYyNDczMzY0NzI3LTNkYWMwZWU2MzA1OTRkOGRhOTEyNTc5NjhkZjhhNjAwNGJmNzRjNDhlNjk4NTliMjIwMjg5Zjg4NmUyYWI5Yjk
[/quote] (This link will be active for one week)

Well darn Slack and Hangouts are tech I have under control! But will be GMing live Friday night and Sunday afternoon this weekend. (Everybody is excited to be back in the mix building characters!)

Dang Lon, sounds like you’re the perfect participant! Feel free to drop in on the channel anyways and have a look around. Here’s hoping you can try it our on a future date with more notice!

Solomon Grundy want pants too!

2 seats remain open for our ICRPG one shot, tonight at 6pm Pacific!

If you find yourself up for DC Comics action using ICRPG, you’re welcome to join our RPG Slack channel with the link above. There is no charge whatsoever.

The players already scheduled have created characters. But as GM I have ICRPG pre-gens for heroes including Cyborg, Green Arrow, Batman and Zatanna that I can provide you so you’ll be ready to go! You’ll be able to print these off or just view them in Slack.

There will be no learning curve to play in Slack, this is not like Roll 20.

We’ll be playing theater of the mind (using close/near/far for combat etc.)

As GM I’ll have scene and monster/enemy images.

Google Hangouts for Chat.

A dice roller is built in or you can roll your own physical dice, whichever you prefer.

We’ll start the game at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern. Game will run 2-3hours.

I expect to be online there by 5:30p should new players want to show up and grab a pre-gen.

That was a great time @Wildstar. Thanks for taking in a newbie.

Thanks @Jkroy ! you made an awesome Batman right down to the voice!