ICRPG Magic questions

question

I actually recently realized this. Thanks. I wish the book were a little less ambiguous :sweat_smile:

For spell learning (and skill learning for that matter), are you limited with how much you can learn at a time?

IE, can one be learning a L4 spell but also still learn a L1/2/3 spell in this time?

I am torn myself to should it be one at a time or not.

The first answer is obviously, whatever works for your table is what you should go with.

But my opinion on the question is that it is totally fine to try to learn multiple spells at once. You wouldn’t spend an entire day at school learning only one subject, the human mind can only focus on a single problem for so long.

This is also fine mechanically due to learning spells through effort. When you succeed the roll to continue learning the spell you roll your effort and could add it to only one of the spells you are trying to learn, that way you “pay” for each spell separately, no big deal.

The only issue for me would be keeping track of how much effort each spell had left to go before completion, but I guess you could just track that on the back of your character sheet or something.

Again, this is only my opinion, do what your heart tells you and if you are still conflicted, have a tribunal with your group to see if they have any insight. Anyhow, I hope this was helpful. Thanks for the question.