ICRPG Kit

craft

I have been trying to design an ICRPG in a box kit ever since JUNKD came out with @Runehammer’s diy case. Recently my wife was going to throw away an old jewelry box. I looked it over and decided that this would be my case.

Behold, my ICRPG Mobile Kit!

Not pictured are my travel tubes containing 2 small battlemats and one giant battlemat. I got the chance to test it when I ran a game for 5 of my students after state testing. Worked beautifully! Rolls out in the open, threats still a surprise, and index cards for terrain. Now they keep asking me when I’m going to start a club!

Repository: DM Kit Essentials

You should definitely start a club, we had a D&D club at school and it was great! That’s what first got me into RPGs and gaming. You owe it to the future generations of gamers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (no pressure)
:herocoin:

Oh I’m already on it, got approval to set it up and everything!

My son is going into Middle School and he wants to start a D&D club. There isn’t one. I think it has to have a teacher to over see it. I am hopeful that one make themselves known.

Brilliant! True DIY spirit.

you got an Amazon link? I would love to make something similar…

I love the homemade Dice Tower! The ‘Wood’ on the exterior, did you add that yourself? I have seen Cases similar to this one for sale in Bog Box Stationary Supply Stores and Craft Places but never with the Wooden aspects.

Unfortunately no, this was crafted using a cheap old jewelry box my wife apparently had for years and didn’t use. You could probably find one on amazon for a couple Coin, though :wink:

Yup! Threw the tower together this morning when school closed. It’s an insert so it folds inside the drawer and closes. I also cut and glued the craft sticks to the exterior, that is a WIP. I have plans to wood burn the ICRPG logo and then stain and lacquer to finish the exterior. I tend to use craft sticks a lot in my crafts, but this kit is designed to use ICRPG and my own paper craft for minis and scatter, and a wet erase mat for maps

I love the binder clips, man!

Dude, it was such a fantastic and easy way to place things! Loved your post on it.

I’m making one!!! They have a Snake Skin(Dragon) effect one on Amazon :grin:

The next thing is to make little DM packs for your aspiring DMs. Which will grow the club.

The quick start guide is a good basis, or something open like Knave

@MythBlade, got a link for those who want to make one? :wink:

Yeah! DM starter! Though going to be a little tricky to get basics without violating Creative Commons…

A summary of the YouTube channel’s relevant vids, perhaps? @Alex, would that still violate it?

Just had to chime in and say how awesome this is! I agree about the dice tower as well. Great design and great utility! Well done, sir!

Give them the quick start guide from ICRPG. Remember that mechanics are not copyrightable, the written sentences and art are.

Found a better one on eBay :+1:

I plan to weather the metalwork and add a dragon eye to the front :grin:

I know gameplay is, but a brand new DM needs a little more to get started. Basics like the TTT’s, for instance. Those are already on the YouTube channel, and that’s really about all I’m talking about here

So… first day of club was awesome! This kit goes a long way to make setup, running and tear down of a game easy!

New update players from our last session, so I ran the Savages of Kath.

Looking slick! I hope your pet Agnar is now well fed.