ICRPG Journal. Time to get it started!

craft
inspiration
journal

I got some inspiration from @JDStirling when he graciously opened up his brand new journal and showed us his first few pages A Journal of a thousand miles. I felt like I should expose my first few as well. I already have so many ideas whirling in my head on how to fill this beauty up. I would absolutely love to see your lumpy headed creations. Please share your journals and raise your shields high with your brothers and sisters. Strength, Honor, and Journal Club!

Godspeed! I just got mine as well! Time to fill those pages and brainstorm ideas!!

Here are a few more pages out of my journal. I have been trying to do a bunch of my prep using this little beauty while on my lunch breaks and stuff so I can bring it home and transfer everything into digital art assets/ doodles, since I tend to think in pictures.

I hope y’all are getting some good journaling done.

Also, there are some minor spoilers for my upcoming Nobility of the Rope game that I’m aiming to have finished for October. I should be putting out a looking for group message soon so keep an eye out for that if you are interested. Stay spooky out there!

What would be “useful target info.” to you? I’ve drawn a blank at it… :frowning:

When I think target in this context I’m thinking “objective” so maybe just a real quick little blurb about the goal of the room… “find the kid” “stop the assassin” “catch the thief” “get the antidote”.

Though I suppose it can also be interpreted as target, as in room target. I always like to have my room targets be sort of malleable. If the players take actions to give themselves a tactical advantage or roll a bunch of crits or something, I will drop it. Likewise if they Get a lot of fumbles, a timer expires, a lieutenant or boss shows up, or they make super poor tactical decisions it may make things more difficult resulting in a higher RT. So potentially you could scribble some notes there on how the RT might be able to change.

That doesn’t even account for easy/ hard rolls… so maybe you could jot down some things that could trigger those situations too.

Target could also potentially refer to a specific enemy, npc, or player who needs a moment to shine in that encounter, so you could use the space to leave a reminder to set them up with a cool choice/ opportunity. Part of this great hobby is getting to share the spotlight with your table of homies and making everyone look cool/ feel powerful while beating some enemy ass lol.

Honestly, I haven’t used that portion of the sheet yet, so the sky is the limit. These were just some examples off the top of my head. I would love to hear if you come up with some cool uses for that. Thanks for picking out that point, it got me thinking about how I could use my journal in new and more dynamic ways

Thanks for the answer, lots of inspiration in it! I’m designing Wednesday’s session. Decided to use my ICRPG journal for it.
That helped a lot, thank you!

Dude, this is awesome!..how did I not see this before? Very inspiring!

I just realized I left everyone hanging… pun intended. Here is the rest of the nobility of the rope game prep. I hope you guys like it.

Where did you get this journal ? Sorry, I’m new!

No worries homie. I’m just glad you got the itch to create and do dnd mo bettah than you used to! Here is the link to the journal. http://www.lulu.com/shop/brandish-gilhelm/the-icrpg-journal/paperback/product-24184485.html

What I love about LuLu is that it is international: so, I don’t have to pay as high a transport fee as if it came from the US!

Also, looking good: how did the adventure go?

i think it went well, considering it was my first game i had ever run on VTT. You can see the entire breakdown of the evening for the first half of the adventure here How Commoners become Heroes: Nobility of the Rope.

Thanks for sharing! I’ll watch it later!

Definitely one of my favorite ICRPG things… the Journal… love it!