Icrpg / forbidden lands hybrid!

Good evening all. Ive recently become a great fan of our beloved icrpg but before this i was hooked on forbidden lands(love to hex crawl!) I was just wondering if any of you have come up with a hybrid of the two games? Id basically like to run icrpg mechanics in the forbidden lands world :flushed:

How would you go about achieving this? Id love to hear all of your ideas on the matter.

I’m not too familiar with the forbidden lands system, but can’t you just use their system for hexcrawling and icrpg for encounters and other checks?

To Olav’s point, hex-crawling is not unique to forbidden lands. In fact the world of Alfheim for ICRPG is perfect for it.

For the exploration part of the hex you do a roll when the characters enter the new hex using the hours time mode (if you want to follow the rules precisely). They find the thing in the hex if they make the roll.

If you want to use the Forbidden Lands setting - just use the ICRPG mechanics of a D20 target # roll when they enter the hex.

Hope that helps!

Deathbare

can’t you just use their system for hexcrawling and icrpg for encounters and other checks?

:rofl: it really is that simple isnt it! im sure that would indeed work.

Also, about stats: I’m a big fan of “don’t convert”, so I would default to just reading Forbidden lands as if they were ICRPG stats when they are in the same number range and do +10 or *10 otherwise.

From my brief glances at the game, I think it would mostly work out. However, since “3” is normal in Forbidden lands, very weak monsters might become weirdly overpowered this way. So for them, you might want to lower stats or have them attack in group to justify their higher stats