ICRPG Dungeon Crawl rules and ideas

ezzerharden

Dungeon Crawl Ideas and Rules

With all of this talk of Barrowmaze (and an upcoming game with @Shadymutha this weekend) it has me thinking if there are any ICRPG dungeon crawl rules or things anyone has used that are specific to dungeon crawls…

What I am wanting to do is a HARDCORE style rule set of ideas to make the dungeon crawl as good as it can be using ICRPG rules.

I don’t want a Torchbearer grind, but I am sure there are some house rules for torches, ammo, food, wandering monsters and other ideas we have used in our own games that could apply.

Leave your ideas or comments below so everyone can use them.

If you have not already, Runehammer has posted his Barrowmaze maps and tokens on Discord!

Game On!

Resources, including time.

Most activities take roughly 10 minutes (or 1 turn). Searching an area, breaking down a door, combat and recovery, etc.

Every 3rd turn, roll for random encounters.

Every 6th turn, the torch burns out.

I like gold for XP as it presents logistical challenges of getting the gold out. This, in my opinion, is part of what makes up a crawl. For ICRPG you could do similar with gold (or soul coins) for milestones.

Consumption of resources is one of the logistical challenges. Use torches, lock picks break, healing kits get used, etc. I really like the Five Torches Deep approach to Supply to re-up consumed items.

@Shadymutha Sounds like you are @Jason_Scranton have similiar tastes in House Rules for Dungeon Crawls!

I think the BArrowmaze mechanics work as written, regardless of system…