ICPRG Minecraft One-shot?

Hey folks, i’m looking for three to five people interested in doing a one-shot adventure using Minecraft as a 3D table-top to interact with. Rolling will be done using Wizards of the Coast Dice Roller (I see no reason not to trust peoples rolls), distance information through flags et cetera. I’m interested in seeing how viable using Minecraft for tabletop with a system this distance agnostic can be.

It’ll be a generalized fantasy setting, closer to Forgotten Realms; the comfortable swords and sorcery everyone is familiar with.

Oh man, dad stuff has me unable to take part in this. But please post how it went if you ever get it off the ground.

Pretty interested! Sign me up! Is it 5e?

Nah, we’ll be using ICRPG; the distance agnostic mentality is great for something like Minecraft!

cool cool! Ill get to work makin me a character tomorrow

It looks like you’re the only one interested in the current planned time; i’ll have to post-pone it until after i get my work schedule after starting back up tomorrow - but i’ll re-up this when i do!

Thats no problem, hopefully your able to get this game going at a later date. I’ve always been interested in the idea of using minecraft as a VTT so you have my ongoing interest :thinking:

Yo! Did this ever get off the ground? I’m terribly curious how this would work. You’re using Minecraft as a VTT?

I’m also incredibly interested in this idea. Minecraft as the play field sounds badass! Minecraft + ICRPG sounds like pure, mad bliss. Haha.

How would this work? Which Minecraft version do you plan on using (PC or console)?

It did not, but i also put it out there super close to when i was intending to run it; which didn’t help :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, using Minecraft as a VTT was the idea! Players having a town or keep they could -ACTUALLY- walk around in character seemed like a really cool idea, especially with how easy Minecraft is in letting everyone build and the ease in which one can make large scale things.

I hadn’t looked at my E-mail or the thread until today, so sorry for the late messages; players would make a banner and use it to show where their characters are in combat, moving them the distances as the group deems appropriate etc; and the DM would make banners for unique minis. Everyone would gather together to build up areas like towns, fields etc that the players would basically be able to engage with outside of immediate encounter turns while the DM would build the dungeons and encounter spaces on their own. I’d like to think it also lends its self to the idea of a round-robin style DM methodology, so everyone could tell their own story in a space they helped build up.