ICME Advanced Magic System

Takes a lot of getting used to…but the reality is all Role Playing games should play this way.

With The Master Edition it has a ton of rule incarnations. Add in Altered State and you have a ton of suggestions on power levels and playing styles…don’t use them all at once…
I used to mark my games with “rule changes” for the biggest departure from the norm. But with ME that is a bit hard. Need to reed it throughly to get a true grasp.

In the original ICRPG 2E many of the adventures had various unique rules.

This is a bit more complex as there are 5 settings and no adventures. Some of the settings depart a lot from the norm, some don’t.

Ay gees, I guess I’ll have to read it cover to cover to make a sound assessment!!!

@Vinzent thanks for pointing out a blind spot for me…things may have changed drastically or not be clear if reading fresh and not seeing the rule changes in Quick Start 2.
I really did not look at worlds sections too closely…are chunks still described???

@BlazingPolyhedron, What @The_Merlitron said. The different spellcasters would use the different magic rules.

For the Sorcerer, they would only suffer Blunders (two natural 1’s in a row, spells have opposite effect). For Wizards, they would use the Mercurial Failures table (single natural 1).