I use chopsticks in place of a banana for distance

Chopsticks are about the same length as a banana, smaller to store and they don’t over-ripen so long as you keep them clean. Does anyone else use other things besides bananas for measuring distance?

We’ve been employing a black plastic spudger which was part of a tablet screen repair kit. It’s just about 6 inches long and pointy on one end. And, as you said about the chopsticks, it’s easy to store. Plus, you can use it for delicate prying tasks! However, we still refer to it as a banana.

spudger

Maybe I should paint the chopsticks yellow :slight_smile:

I do the “hang loose” with my fingers, usually ends up being about the same

The paper “moldy banana” from the Moldy Codex is my absolute go to must have.

Piece of string with small balls of modeling clay at each end for weight. That way you can curve it and whatnot.

I use an unused hot glue stick

Cheap. Can bend around corners/obstacles. I give 1 to each player. They can also easily be cut, so if a player is slower due to character design or injury then you can cut an inch or so of the end. Truth be told we typically only need to use them around once or twice a session.

Guesstimation. Years of experience. A trained eye for “about yea far.”

I actually just use my hands to measure everything. I did a post on it previously. Feel free to check it out here A “Handy” chart on calculating distance