I got a fever and the only cure is more crafting!

craft

I went a little crazy and bought a case of DollarTree jenga blocks. I love building with these things. I ran out and they stopped carrying them. So I went to their website and bought a case and had it shipped to the store. I have built a ton of stuff out of them not just the dungeon stackers I started with. Doors, bridges, walls and the list goes on. My terrain brings my game to life. ICRPG makes my stories easy to share.

I hope you all get your craft on!

DmChef

Wood block dice tower

Using wood for your stackers is brilliant. More heft, more sturdiness. I love it.

Great idea for sturdy building material!

Yeah they work in so many ways! I also build a Set out of some other wooden kids blocks. they also work well for me.
And with some smaller Version of the classic Jemga style blocks i build some Tables, Doors etc

Yes the $1 jega blocks are awesome, since I use LEGO bases I modded the stairs a bit so 2 minifigs could be on the stairs at a time. Throw on some black wash on the wood and it looks like old wooden stairs. I dont have a pic on my phone of the final result with the wash but I highly recommend it.

here is my take on wooden blocks so far

I made a dungeon kit for my nephew with a lot of block built stuff along with some traditional craft:

I also used the blocks to build some stuff for my WW2 campaign:
https://forums.runehammer.online/t/crafting-for-ww2/192

Here is a bunch of stuff I made, doors, pillars, scatter etc:

So much potential!

This is such a cool idea. I looked up the case online… and 42 packs of blocks is a lot!! I’d be willing to split a case 2 or 3 ways if any of my friends in North Dakota are interested. I’ll be going to Fargo near the end of October.

I am working on some modular non intrusive walls. I have not painted them yet but here are a couple of shots of a tavern.

I am in awe of your work! It’s not clear to me, though, if you’re using the Jenga pieces as they came in the box, or if you’re cutting / shearing / planing / manipulating them in some ways? I suspect you are cutting, but having confirmation would be super helpful for me.

I think I found the DMScotty YouTube video about his stamping technique, and it looks like something I might be able to do. If you have any additional hard-won insights on that aspect, I’d love to learn them, too!

That’s funny you say that. about 90% of what I am doing are just the blocks as is. Some glue, patience and paint.

I have a jig I created, I will send a picture of it, that I made to cut blocks for certain things. The blocks themselves are just great additions to the other stuff I use. Like Popsicle sticks, beads, toothpicks, coffee stirs and some 3d printed stuff. like the barrels and the crates.

Getting as many blocks as I did lets me experiment. If I screw it up it’s no real loss.

My simple jig and a Harbor Freight pull saw.

this is awesome… i love the many ways your using those blocks… that aesthetic comes together real nice… great work

Thanks @NicksCraftShack! I love your videos.