Hybrid Class Ideas

Looking at Kindred’s The Witcher classes My favorite part was the magic the Witchers were able to use.

I love the idea of a warrior that could use magic but it always seems like a watered down mage. With the Adrenaline Points I made my own version of the paladin!

Hot! I support this Tag!

This is so freakin’ cool!! I was thinking to just give them a combat loot and a magic loot, but this actually forces the character to get involved in the physical conflict to fuel his magical powers as well.

Do you have them have a limit to the amount of points they can gather and carry over? Does it go away after a long rest or something?

I haven’t been able to test it yet as I’m currently playing a Star Wars game. But I could maybe see two different ways to handle storing points.

1. There are no limits and can carry over, to incentivize jumping in and pulling a lot of mooks to you.

2. Limit of 10 but it carries over, every time you rest they would go away. Which seems fair for adrenaline.

This is just a gut reaction though. Do you have any thoughts on it?

I guess the limit really is based on how much damage you can take.

So if I play with 1 :heart:, then let them stack but after the action cools off, have them save a few points for next time, like a Focus.

This way, the next time the Paladin goes in, he can just jump in and CONSECRATE!!!

Yeah, consecrate was definitely my favorite when I was writing it. :smile:

Maybe after the action ends you lose half of them? Or maybe keep 1d4? Just enough to get the ball rolling again during the next fight.

I’d say keep 1d4. than make it an advancement for d6 EDIT: or just give flat bonuses later

I’ll add that to the doc. Hopefully I can test this soon and then start working on another hybrid.