How Do You Use Art Cards in ICRPG?

newcomer

I’m new to ICRPG, but have fallen in love with it as I’ve been searching for a system that I can play with my family who have never played an RPG before but have shown interest. That’s beside the point, though.

I’m curious to know how you all are using the Art Cards provided in Vol 1-4 in your games. I could have sworn Hank had a YouTube video on the subject, but for the life of me I can’t find it. Do you guys use the cards as set pieces or as your full mapping experience? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. If I’m duplicating a previous thread, I apologize :smiley:

I use them to help come up with ideas on what a dungeon should have in it. I also use them for locations, somethign between a full map and theater of the mind. Anything on the cards as being “NEAR”, and anything on other cards as being “FAR”, then I make tokens touch if they are “CLOSE”

these have great ideas and info in them. i recommend watch some of the online adventure as well, to better see how the turns flow.
hope this helps

They are great for spawning story ideas… shuffle the cards together and draw four or five cards and make up the story as the cards fold into place.
Check out the Story Architectire section of the book on page 82. Its a fantastic way to spawn creativity.

Seconded. I use them in exactly the same way. Sometimes I draw my own if I don’t have what I need.