HONOR SYSTEM?

question

Is there a simple Honor System for ICRPG? similar in fashion to the Sanity tracker in the core books? Thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

To Which core books are you referring? I don’t remember a sanity tracker.

The Vigilante city supplement has a vigilante points system. Which is 9 point sliding scale between good and evil.

• You could certainly adapt that to an honor system or
  • Just make one up or
  • Port the sanity tracker across an an honor tracker if it’s fit for purpose.

Nothing in the core books and I don’t recall seeing anything third-party. It’d be easy enough to model the Sanity table from Beneath the Door for honor though, or even corruption.

I forgot. I took my icrpg sanity table pg 165 2e core book and combined it with how the dungeoncraft youtube channel does sanity. I used the table as a 1-10 scale and made another sanity stat. I use bx stats 3d6 with my custom ruleset. Say you have a stat of 17 thats a +2 modifier, if i need a sanity check against the target number, ill have my player make a roll and add their +2 to it. If they fail, then its 1d4 pt (rolls 1) SAN lost on the scale now there at 9 SAN.

Now they are at, “Rationalizing away what was just witnessed…it couldn’t be…” Until they get somewhere and safe and heal their mind.

I could make a honor system like this or take a morale or reaction table and use that as the 1-10 scale.

Thoughts?

Ah I see those scenario rules now. Hadn’t read them before.

The vigilante points system is good because you can specifically list actions that will move the character up or down if performed. If you make these very stringent to move up, you could put your characters in interesting decision spaces.

Check out DungeonCraft on Youtube. He has some good rules for tracking that stuff

He already did by the sounds of things

yup great channel. :slight_smile:

Yeah but the Heroic/Villanic counter he uses is what I meant since he was looking for something about Honor