Hank and Alex made an Aliens game

Lemme cut to the chase here, with some numbered items. That’ll be the fastest way to do this:

1. Hank and Alex Alvarez made a game largely based on James Cameron’s “Aliens.”
  2. It is a 45-page PDF full of rules and mechanics almost two years in the making.
  3. It can be played without a GM, which means you can even play it one-player.
  4. It can also be incorporated into a GM-run game of ICRPG.
  5. Top-level Patreons receive this PDF for free.
  6. It is also now on sale at drivethruRPG.com
  7. It comes with a token pack with 31 unique map tiles and 8 commandos, as well as some other cool assets for VTT or print-and-play.

I think there are several takeaways from this release:

1. Being a top-level Patreon (Immortal) has been the single most rewarding Patreon experience I’ve ever had by far. The Immortals on the Discord server are their own little ecosystem of awesomeness.

2. Hank is a machine when it comes to putting out quality. He and Alex put out something very special in this PDF. Oh, it’s called Xeno Dead Zone (XDZ)

3. Hank is clearly not trying to get rich. The “value” of the Patreon and these individually priced PDFs is way, way higher than average. I could go on, but I don’t want it to get weird.

That is all. Have a great day.

Oh the joy! I didn’t even finish reading the title before I found the link and bought it.

• All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? It’s another glorious day in the Corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm: Every meal’s a banquet. Every paycheck’s a fortune! Every formation’s a parade! I love the Corps!

I I could not agree with you more. I’m grateful to be in the position that I can be IMMORTAL. Not just because the neat stuff that keeps showing up for free, but also the comraderie within the channel and just knowing that I have in a small way helped more gaming goodness from an amazing game designer and human being come into the world.

Thanks, Dave. Hank and I poured a lot of love into this game/supplement. We have been working on it in some form or fashion since 2017, and I hope the community agrees that all of the thought, input, design, and work was worth it.

Now this is just freaking awesome! A while back I had a halloween ICRPG which was piecemealed together through some things people had made from the Google+ group! Hopefully I’ll be able to buy this.

Alex: After running a version of your Starship Troopers, the table was super excited when I mentioned the possibility of carrying that fire team of commandos forward into Xeno Death Zone at some point in the future— after I get a chance to read it over and on the next one shot outside of Alfheim.

@Lon You’re going to find a lot of the builds from the starship troopers game to be very similar to the builds in XDZ! :wink:

Also, beyond the art, classes, and rules, I think the missions and escalations tables are worth the price alone.

I did look at those on my quick flip through. They look amazing

Just wanted to say from the folks who aren’t in a position to support at Immortal level, we appreciate the interaction and the outstanding content. Keep on keeping on!

I totally feel ya. I actually cut my Netflix in order to fund the Patreon, but it’s still a luxury that not everyone can enjoy.

Yeah, just completely out of reach for me. When the dollar is four times the price of the currency you get your internship paycheck in, there are some things that just can’t be gotten. I only support Runehammer and Epidiah at this time, and have to plan to get stuff from DTRPG or other stuff. I’m grateful ICRPG is on the low cost spectrum, honestly.

XDZ is now in the plans to be gotten. Time to start saving up!

1-to-4 is way better than my 1-to-6. :smile:

Just bought my copy as well. Thanks to Hank and Alex for putting this up on DT.

WOW, I am super excited for this… so much going on in RPG land i can barely keep up!! WOW

This is fantastic but I’m struggling to see how weapons become damaged. Am I missing something?

If a Xeno is killed in close proximity, there’s a 1/4 chance the Commando suffers injury due to the acid splash. I’ve played this two ways: 1) if the Commando is injured their weapon also gets damaged, 2) they can protect themselves from an injury by sacrificing their weapon for damage.