GSRPG - Roll20, using Google Slides

I was playing with Roll20 and didn’t really like how complicated it all is.

I have been experimenting with using Google Slides to run an online ICRPG session, as it already has inbuilt chat and syncs changes in real-time, allowing for people to move tokens around.

The other thing I needed was a dice roller. So I quickly coded one up.

I will release everything as a modular creation kit once I have put a bit more time into it.

Fixed the video

That’s pretty sweet, dude! Have you heard if Slides made the Google cut? I know both G+ and Hangouts are sadly getting snuffed in 2019.

The dice roller and maps are most excellent. :metal: :herocoin:

Google hangouts isn’t being cut. The video side has been rebranded as Google Meet and the text chat side has been remade into a sorta slack type application currently called Hangouts Chat.

Slides is a core part of Google’s GSuite offering, which is their direct competition package to Microsoft office. Is not going anywhere.

That’s great stuff. I too have played around with Slides. Looking forward to seeing more!

very cool stuff here

Finally a way I can play on my iPad! Thank you!!!

I have to say, Roll20 has a pretty shallow learning curve, and it’s actually a bit more simple than at first blush. I’d encourage anyone to give it a second look.

That being said, what you have done here is really really cool. As a simple interface, this is a fantastic alternative. Nice work!