GreetingsTo All

Hello to everyone. I’m an old grognard playing RPG’s sinc e the original hand-assembled Brown Box DND First sTaRt at UCLA years ago with white adhesive tape stripes written with labels and poker chips. No figures or maps on the table. The DM was inexperienced. Hell, none of us had any experience. Our first encounter was against a vampire and, needless to say, we all got slaughtered in minutes…

I feel that ICRPG will be a new addition to my library. At first review, it seems very similar to Dungeon world, very free form and flexible. Looking forward to getting into the game.

Dale

Welcome to the Shieldwall @Bronco! Happy to have you join the ranks!

Hello good sir! … welcome to the shield wall… shields are kept in front… beer is in the back. Feel free to ask any questions about ICRPG or otherwise… we are many!

Game On!

Welcome to the fray! I love hearing people’s RPG starter stories so thanks! Hope you have a great time here.

Welcome to the Shield Wall! Always grateful to have new folks!

Well met @Bronco, I look forward to any insights you may have to share with us. Welcome in.

Welcome! :shield: :beer: :game_die:.
You have discovered a great part of the Internet. Full of good people who are helpful and have great ideas. It also has the added benefit of being able to discuss differences of opinions without mentioning each others mothers.

Hey bronco, us old cats know a good rule-set when we see one. I’m an "old grognard " myself. Played the old Moldvay edition in 1981. Been gaming since. Played all editions except 4th. was so pleasantly surprised when I found icrpg. So easily modified (hacked) to make the game you want.

Greetings Bronco!!!
Welcome, ICRPG is deceptive in its simplicity, pick up the PDF, as you get free updates. That said it is a straight forward modern RPG that allows you to create any scenario you can come up with.

Think of it as a template based RPG focused on reducing the mental bandwidth of players and GM. Allowing for high adventure!

While there are many great supplements, Altered State has the mechanic adjustments I go back to for the type of adventure I seem to have fun running. But your mileage may vary.

I can say ICRPG is quick to pick up, fun to play, and you don’t need to buy anything other than base book…after being around for a couple of years…it’s most about what rules fits my vision, as opposed to fitting my vision into the rules.