GM HEART MONITOR: Foe hp tracking

monsters
gm

UPDATED:

See my latest post below.
Quick mock up of an icrpg enemy heart tracker. Print it on both side of an A4, laminate it, grab a thin red whiteboard marker and this is how to use it:

Perhaps cross out a dead foe. Make another foe, drawing a dividing line a bit further by however many hearts it has.
Full sheet:

Comments and suggestions welcome! I still haven’t tried it at the table…
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFDM4IS4bbe6rwmdvcOBL703ZhkX9fs1/view?usp=sharing

The EXP Bowl for ICRPG
I Need Your Help! What is your favorite ICRPG Community Content?
I Need Your Help! What is your favorite ICRPG Community Content?

That is practical! Thank you for sharing! And printer friendly, too! Woop! Woop!

All good! Cheers!
Let me know if it works well or not. A few ideas are having it portrait instead & switching the fill in to something to strike through like small circles. Perhaps arranged as hearts.
Idea is based on something Alex shared on discord.

Printing it for later use, for sure! :smiley:

Awesome!!!

Perhaps less hearts and more writing space for each…but this guarantees a session.

Rad! Yeah. Definitely a lead pencil n’ eraser stage design. Let me know how it goes!

Yo, How does this feel to people? ticking or slashing the circles instead of colouring in, for speeds sake.

I Think that this is a nice alternative! Maybe offer both options?

Ok here’s another version: From landscape to portrait. Ticking/slashing instead of colouring in. Option to divide into two for those half heart foes. Circles below for adding a tracking number. i.e. Goon #1 An extra line for notes and a few other lines for various things I think I might need. Let me know your thoughts.
Thinking of a bare bones version, if this works when I get to try it, to have alongside if more tracking is needed. One of my players characters took the qs2e hunter QUICKDRAW ability and put all his points into DEX and so sometimes I need a lot of foes. LINK

I LOVE IT!! This is a good one. Great work

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Cheers GMagnus! I’ll leave it like this until I get to GM again at the end of Jan.
I’m thinking, the players get a sheet, why not the GM… I mean me? Happiness if other GMs find it useful.
Trying to keep it pretty loose but with enough to keep me organised. I’ve been flipping all over my journal at times. Its a mess. You know how you sometimes see these beautiful journal pages come up on the web. Mine ain’t. Random thumbnails, tallys and shopping lists etc all over the place… I digress.

Trying to keep it pretty loose but with enough to keep me organised. I’ve been flipping all over my journal at times. Its a mess. You know how you sometimes see these beautiful journal pages come up on the web. Mine ain’t. Random thumbnails, tallys and shopping lists etc all over the place… I digress.

You and be both, brother!

Howdy,

Love this version!

Thanks for sharing,

Dice Goblin

OK, here is another version friends :grinning:

Found I was getting only about halfway with the HEARTS in my sessions.

…This page represents two short sessions for a total of around 20 HEARTS. So I have reduced to 24 HEARTS.
I also kept putting the Name/id below the HEARTS rather than above. So SWITCH!
The Stats/Effort get a line now, as 1/2 Heart and 1 heart Foes Stats don’t always fit next to their Name.
For Actions I usually only write the name of the Action and that’s usually about enough to remember it.
Lastly, I took out the usage example, as its kinda superfluous if you have read this thread.

Please give me your thoughts and reviews on using it if you have!
Some questions I have:

• Is the Timer space useful?
  • Does the Timer Sections need the dice tick/colour selection bits or do we all just use d4s?
  • How many HEARTS are people tallying per session?
  • Are there any features missing/desired?

I’m using this sheet do drive most of the Prep and Session recording in my WarpShell campaign. It is WONDERFUL!!! The format forces brevity. I print and keep vs. laminate. Thinking about some “back-side” of ICRPG common stats or helpful tables as well as ruled lines for notes or other Grid / Hex / Node map area.

My rooms and/or exploration obstacles are also noted in my use - It’s just a darn nice tool.

D4 timers are GE (good enough), can always coefficient or x# multiplier them to represent greater values.

With fractional Heart minions / fodder, I’ve not fully used a track of hearts from the original. One could “Spare” and “Strike” the dots to get double value from a single heart, in a pinch.

Awesome. This is why i come back to this forum often–sharing of good ideas. I love the pips in the heart counting down. This reminds me of pips on a dice. I have always liked Hankerin’s hearts idea but i use 6HP hearts instead of 10HP hearts. i love the idea of a heart with 6 pips inside, it would look like a D6.

Awesome, so glad you are finding it useful!

I likewise have only been printing. Design stage still. Perhaps I can add a QR code to cloud archive sessions, like Rocketbook, if I laminate in the end… I’d have to look up legalities.

Accompanying map side / separate map page could be cool for completion. Probably just a Sheet with grid/hex space. But would we want lists for the 3 T’s and D.A.W., plus Theme and Flavor text bullets? Kinda like activity sheet for the dm?
Seems to be getting a bit like the Swordifsh Island notebook Hank talked about on YT. Maybe a zine setup could be nice?

Also, nothing new under the sun, but hopefully we are more pretty: https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#checkboxes

Nice, next time I work on it I’ll try to remember to make a 6hp HEART version for you.

This is an awesome sheet @Tilmah! Looking forward to using these at the table.

I’d LOVE to see sections for the 3 T’s and 3 D’s given their own sections. Once I have a concept for a scene in place, the 3 T’s are always what I go to first to build the bones for the encounter. I typically go through the D’s as a mental checklist once I’ve got the T’s in place to get a feel for how tough it may be - but it might be worthwhile for others.

Even with 2 lines of hearts, I’d still feel like I have plenty of space to track foes, especially if I split one row to track multiple types of foes as most in my games only have 1-3 hearts to begin with.

Either way, this is great - thanks for putting it together!