Game prep for a setting I'm working on

youtube-convos

I always enjoy watching how people setup rooms, and seeing what they are thinking while they do it.

So, I decided I would put up mine also. I’m going to be posting the prep and actual play for my current game, and here is the first video.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for sharing! It was a joy to watch.

dude, you are a Ninja with roll20. do you give one on one lessons?:astonished:

Haha, thanks. What kind of stuff would you be interested in seeing how to do? I can keep it in mind as I make more videos.

Any advice or links for the builder on a budget. , for those of us that use the free account. i am, at this time, unable to put a lot of money in to my hobbies. so everything i am building is pulled from the Google Image , using Transparent pictures and homemade tokens ( http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/ ) . i have had some success on building a few maps and have worked out the basics of layers. but no where near the speed and skill as to what you showed in the video. it takes me hours and days to work out a map. but i am still new to this , and i am limited on my resources.

I believe he’s using art from two minute tabletop as Hank demonstrates in the video linked below.

You can get a ton of great stuff for cheap (or free if you choose)

this is really helpful, now i just need to buy photo shop. lol.

Great! I’ve been having pretty good success using gimp (free!).

thank you , ill give it a look

I use gimp to hack up 2-minute-tabletop assets. I picked up the technique from that very Runehammer video. I don’t have a drawing tablet, so I set the opacity at 50, move down to 30 or up to 70 in some very specific cases. not often though.

I should also point out that the construction of the board was being played back at 2.5X speed. I’m quick, but not that quick.

I didn’t think people would want to watch it at regular speed :stuck_out_tongue:

I knew it! For a few minutes I thought you were a superhuman, but then I realized it had to be sped up. That was some cool impressive stuff, thanks for posting