I’m working on an ICRPG - Alfhiem Campaign and I read about ancient tech so I came up with an item that I am having my players encounter while adventuring in old ruins near the Great Gorge (Western Khett).
The Guardian first appears as a large black stone laced in spell-etched runes. If the players place any YOG Crystal within the eye cavity the runes begin to light up as the large stone begins to hum. Once activated, the device opens up at the rear revealing space inside for an individual or two to enter and sit. The device’s arms and legs then extend as the individual/individuals inside begin to see through the black stone surface as if viewing through a heads-up display.
The Guardian is essentially a large YOG-powered Mech that was active in the First Age.
I was going to allow the party to fight a couple of Mega-Beetles to show them how they might defeat such creatures and have some fun with the blended genre that ICRPG is famous for.
First-Age Guardian (Xill Battle Suit): 5 CHUNKS (5 HP EACH)
+6 STR, +2 DEX - 18 DEF
- Duranium Body (+5 DEFENSE when depleted, the pilot/s take 1d4 HP whenever struck) - 18 DEF* 5 HP
- Eye Bleam (Lance of light do MAGIC to one target up to FAR) - 13 DEF* 5 HP
- Left Arm - Claw (ULTIMATE Damage to one target up to NEAR) - 15 DEF* 5 HP
- Right Arm - Claw (ULTIMATE Damage to one target up to NEAR) - 15 DEF* 5 HP
- Legs - Charge (Guardian can launch into a charge - DEX/DEF to avoid WEAPON to all NEAR - when depleted, the Guardian can no longer move) - 15 DEF* 5 HP
* Local DEF is only used for targeted shots or attacks.