FATE Aspects/Advantage in ICRPG?

question

I was just sitting here throwing around the idea of having FATE Aspects and the associated Advantages and Disadvantages/Trouble in my ICRPG game. It seems like it would be a simple hack. Before I set out to play around with it I wanted to know if anyone has tried it before?

Hacking with FATE ASPECTS

You could certainly offer advantage/disadvantage in your game as it works in other games. But imo it is included well enough in ICRPG through EASY/HARD roles against the target. It’s just a different way of looking at it.

Also, there’s always Hero Coins to pass out which offer re-rolls.

What I was thinking of doing was having the PCs have an Aspect or two that they could invoke to use the Easy/Hard mechanic. Just to give the characters another way to stand out and be unique and incorporate their backstory into something tangible.

That kind of makes me think of weapon tags or the character tags in Blood and Snow. I, personally, would only let it give a +1 to a roll. Just a thought…

I don’t have Blood & Snow, how do the Tag rules work?

In Fate terms I’d describe them as preset stunts based on your character’s tribe/family/training.

I like the idea of the players investing in the story to gain coins and then spending them to get out of tough situations!! Mine won’t play with it… but I am still a huge fan of Aspects! :smiley: