Fairy Character Type Page

character-class

Was bored during my daily meetings at work and put together this page from a custom character type that was discussed on the Discord server.

Creation of ICRPG themed documents and images
ICRPG Guidelines for Creating New Worlds?
Repository: Character Types

Very cool! I like that the layout matched the original
style. You could just print it to size and samich I the book.

The potential tomfoolery of Micro-Loot is great, and it makes a tiny character more viable. I like how youā€™ve clearly established three ā€˜tracksā€™ but still have room for a more unconventional character.

Seeing this makes me want to post some of my original types again!

Awesome! Can we get werewolves next, please? :smiley:

If the Shieldwall fills in the Starting Abilities, LOOT, Milestones, and Mastery, I could probably put together a Werewolf. I donā€™t have any intention of mass-producing these though :smiley:

Sure thing! Iā€™ll start!

Werewolf >> +1 STR, +1 DEX

Starting ability (Choose 1)

• HELLWALKER: you know your way in and out of Hell, and gain +2 Weapon Effort against Demons, Devils, and the whole burninā€™ shebang.
  • ALPHA: gain +2 CHA, you can talk to canines, and make EASY checks to convince them to help you to the best of their ability.
  • BLOODLUST: if you did not attack during your turn, you may attack at the end of it (so youā€™re always assured an attack if there are ā€œlegalā€ targets!)

Whoā€™s next?! We need to make this werewolf a reality shieldmen!

@MattSlaton, @Ash?

Werewolf Starting Loot

Steel Claws: when attacking with Steel claws, use weapon effort and exploding damage dice.

Moon Light Bracers: when equipped, these bracers make all Athletic & acrobatic rolls easy.

Pouch of Nightshade: A pinch of Nightshade easeā€™s the effects of silver inflicted wound

@KaneDriscol @BlazingPolyhedron @Ash

This is kinda slopped together. Any tweaks to what I came up with are absolutely welcome.

• Steel Claws: WEAPON. Both hands. Damage Explodes. On 10+ damage inflict temporary Lycanthropy (Hairy, WIS or Enraged)
  • Moon Light Bracers: +1 DEF. All Athletics & Acrobatics EASY. Store a little moonlight in each bracer.
  • Pouch of Nightshade: WIS to apply a pinch to food or wounds. MAGIC poison to humans and animals. Heals all damage inflicted by SILVER. On a Nat 1 the pouch runs out.

Some ideas for milestones: Combining different beast forms. Applying were-wolf effects to allies. Spending HP to leap DOUBLE FAR or lift anything smaller than a cottage. Sense unnatural prey. Call for aid from other were-wolves.

I like the adjustments to the moonlight bracers and the nightshade.

The lycanthropy effect on the claws need something.

If you roll a critical hit, the enemy turns into a beta werewolf in 1d4 rounds and must obey your command for the rest of the combat.???

May be a bit O.P.
May be a good Mastery reward

Iā€™d call the above ability ā€œAlphaā€ and make it a milestone or mastery. then call that starting ability of the same name, ā€œWolf-Kinā€.

That would make you start as a beta then as you progress more you become an alpha. And only after you become an alpha can you turn others.

Just my thoughtsā€¦

I would steel from the monk ā€œIRON FIST: Your fists (claws) and feet are hardened with focus, doing WEAPON damageā€

This is cool ā€˜-ā€™ Butā€¦ why 5 HP? Ot is that +5 HP? I didnā€™t get it.

I was thinking it would be similar to the Kitt in Warp Shell. They are small so they only have 5 HP instead of a full heart.

Makes senseā€¦ So, small tinkerbell-like faeries? Cool! Tks, man, completely forgot Kitts existed (2E is still my main book due toā€¦ circumstances). It also sheds light on the ā€˜change sizeā€™ milestone ability.

I was making a video about making custom character types and I figured while I was doing it, I would also finish off the Werewolf character type that you all started building. Hope this works for you guys!

P.S. In the video I made a Vogon. Enjoy!

Ha! Thanks a whole lot! This is awesome!

Very cool. Itā€™s awesome to see how this came together.

Thank you! These are great!

Has anyone created a ME version of the Small Folk Character Type that they can share?

A Small Folk would be more of a bio form and I just continue using the 2e bonuses which are +1 WIS and +1 Magic Effort