Enemy Type Tags

inspiration

Link to Enemy Tags

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wdeHVTAL0e5s4cMJ5iHFwTQNxcCLTYA6?usp=sharing

Greetings fellow lumpy heads!

Variety is the spice of life! I’ve been working on enemy tags to throw onto my monsters to make them more “interesting” and make the PC’s feel more badass while fighting them.

Lets say the PCs find themselves in a spider lair full of spiders.

spider%20icon

Poison Bite - CLOSE target WEAPON Effort + CON save or become POISONED

Web - terrain NEAR the Spider becomes webbed terrain. Creatures must make STR checks to move within the webbed terrain.

Ok now lets make a group of 3 spiders but each spider gets a different Enemy Tag.

Armored Spider, Elemental Spider, and a Flying Spider.

The flying spider could have wings as well if you wanted actual flying spiders (nightmare fuel) but I just wanted to give an example of using the flying tag with ranged climbing monsters.

Now we got some simple yet interesting tactics for the PCs to deal with in addition to the 3Ts of ICRPG and I would strive to have as little duplicate tags per combat with monsters.

The idea is to take any enemy and give it another flavor for variety with one of the tags.

Hope this inspires at least one person out there.

If you can think of another Enemy Design tag please share!

Wow! I’ve just skimmed through the TAGS but this seems like a great idea. I really enjoy these kinds of hacks! :smiley: Would you consider joining our efforts here?

This is great! I’ve used tags in a similar way in my hacks, and I love this. I think having monsters share “properties” is super cool, specially if that type of monster is a recurrent enemy in a campaign or if you want to spice up an encounter.

I must admit tho, I didn’t take a really deep look into your post because well… arachnophobia too strong xD

@Nimlouth
glad you like it. I’ll be sure only use spiders as examples from now on bwhahaha.

@P_Frota
I realized I forgot to add the anit-magic tag to the google drive so Its added now.

“Shared Tags” or “Common Tags” is a great idea and it’s what I’ve been doing for years.

One caveat: Using them too much turns the game into boring D&D though, so like with everything, common sense is required. However it is really helpful and fast for creating fodder monsters like the ones shown in this thread.

Thanks, man, I’ll update everything later today

using them too much turns the game into boring D&D though,

Crap, I guess that was me. xD

I just use dungeon world monsters these days anyways haha