Dungeon23

homebrew

You’re slaying it!!!

My week 5 entry

This week is the first floor of Staidly Wen’s castle. This is the dungeon formed by the castle foundations. It was an austere and utilitarian place before it was abandoned. Now it’s filled with undead and left over traps and protective devices.

Staidly Wen is the wizard version of Walt Disney in Woebegone Park. His castle sits at the park center as a visible landmark from anywhere in the park. As a dungeon / adventure location, I’m also drawing on the Haunted Mansion at Disney so my goal is to use all of the undead creatures from OSE at some point int he castle.

• 0205 Barbican 35’x30’, floor trap: false floor drops 100’ into underdark; two suits of armor, one animated armor (animated statute iron) attacks anyone who doesn’t know the password; 0205a 0205b skeletal crossbowmen fire through arrow slits onto intruders.

• 0206 Lobby Switchback Queue 40’x40’, bronze golem guards center; anyone who cuts the rope queue is attacked by the golem; 4 columns = cover, obstacles; cornerstorn/giftshop/souveniers run by enterprising undead store keep. Doesn’t like Ursula Nightshade (she’s bad for business), trades secrets for coin; trap in the floor is another 100’ drop into the underdark.

• 0207 Staidly’s Laboratory 30’x70’; 2 of ursula’s vampire spawn are searching for Staidly’s secrets for controlling the other monsters in the park; Nualdaq a 4th level chaotic wizard necromancer works with the vampire spawn; 2d8 skeletons follow Nualdaq’s orders, currently turning the laboratory over; willing to work with party if party recover’s staidly’s research for them.

• 0208 Treasure & Mummy Storage 30’x50’, Kaldraak the mummy wants to free his wife Hatsret from a locked sarcophagus, the key is in Staidly’s laboratory; Kaldraak atacks the party if they try to touch the treasure, it’s his; also attacks the players if they attempt to open the third sarcophagus which contains Kaldraak’s rival Jerxes; will reward the players with some of the treasure if they free Hatsret. Loot the mummy’s treasure horde: 6,000 gold coins, 4 gems worth 170 gp, 4 pieces of jewlry worth 3800 gp, 2 potions: (1) control undead, (2) control plant; 2 scrolls: (1) protection from undead, (2) hold portal.

• 0209 Storage Room 20’x45’, 2d8 ghouls, in their lair. It’s empty at night because the ghouls leave to go out into the park to eat people. They chill out in the storage room during daylight hours. Loot: 5,000 gp, +1 Mace

• 0210 Wine Cellar 40’x30’, stairs to living quarters, containing little of value, an Ochre Jelly hides among the barrells and casks

• 0211 Flooded Turret, base of one of the curtain wall turrets is flooded, hiding a submerged secret and ungaurded entrance into this castle level, 1 in 6 chance of encountering one of the troops of rival adventurers here.

Another week complete!!!

Opps looks like I missed 2 weeks of posts!

Another week completed! Shinru grows and becomes more detailed.

Hope others are enjoying their dungeon23 projects!

Another two weeks worth of work!