Dungeon Masters Wall

After my most recent game, I found that i had nowhere to hide my monster minis from my players… So, I decided I needed a dms screen. But, something small, even smaller than what is available from the few companies that make mini dms screen.

Thus my wall was born…!

The components I used…

X2 5x7 canvas panels
White duct tape
Popsicle stick
Paint
Modpodge
Hot glue.

An interesting idea. I have begun to find standard sized dm screens too tall as well. Could you provide instructions on how you constructed the hinge?

I just taped them together with white duct tape. You have to make sure you leave a wide enough gap to account for the thickness of the tape and the panels though… Around a 1/4 inch gap it about right.

Love this! I’ve definitely thought about making a mini-screen that has loot tables and a few other bits and bobs. I don’t love sitting behind a screen, but it sure is nice to be able to hide little surprises and stuff that is visual clutter while not in use (counter dice, etc.).

This is very cool and inspiring!

I’ve never used a DM screen before, but it’s definitely a cool accessory to make for yourself. I might have to make one to hide my notes behind… You’ve inspired me!

I’ve been in a crafting slump for a while now, work has been crazy. Last night I took an old unused makeup box to transform into an “ICRPG box set. Just realized it’s perfect as a compromise to hide assets like IC’s and minis. Drawer also doubles as a roller box for my new metal dice :smile:

Now I need to mod some references for the inner lid. Tiny roll tables?

Can’t wait to finish, stain, detail and test it!

Ok, now I’m inspired to make a “GM Kit” of my own!!!

I don’t use a screen myself, but if I did decide I needed one, I would totally make one like that @MattSlaton! I love how small it is.