DUNGEON CRAWLER Roll20 UI

Thanks for this, I’ve downloaded a copy of it and am looking forward to using it when we transition our Midderlands game to ICRPG, starting this Friday :slight_smile:

Question,

When using the Fantasy UI with the 3x3 grid. Close is same square, near is adjacent square and far is two squares away. For movement and range, do you treat diagonal as moving two squares? Or is it restricted to Orthogonal only on movement but range diagonal is allowed or is diagonal allowed for both movement and range?

I figure it is up to me, but I wanted to know what the intent was when you built it?

I usually consider diagonal zones as adjacent.
Zones are really an abstract representation of “somewhere”, and what matters is whether zones are adjacent or not. I rarely use all nine tiles at the same time. Really, most encounters should rarely require more than 4 zones, and each zone should contain a “Key Terrain Feature” that signifies it’s reason to be “somehwere”. That’s how human brains navigate - by landmarks.

• There are three Orcs by the “CLUSTER OF TREES”
  • A goblin boar rider is charging over “THE HILL”
  • Your boat is beached on “THE LAKE SHORE”, this is where you are.
  • And between you, the trees and the hill there is an open area of “STONY GRASS FIELD” that you need to cover.

Personally I’ve been keeping it simple, if you want to move within a zone you can and still take am action, if you move a zone you just get to move.

I made death timer tokens…D6_1 D6_2 D6_3 D6_4 D6_5 D6_6

I made a table just like the zones. Easy to scroll through and everyone gets the visual…

That is exactly how you do it. Nice timer tokens :+1::sunglasses::beer:

Running Doom Vault next week… Fog of was and some creative cut and pastes and Norburg becomes Sklar and North becomes South. I’ll have Monks, O.W.M., Cave Ropers and all the other baddies cards set up for flipping. Set up for Room 3!