Disruption Worksheet

Inspired by the following thread, I put together a one-page reference sheet of what was discussed on the subject of Disruption and then I tacked on a worksheet template for anyone who wants to practice planning out disruptions at their various levels. I always love feedback and suggestions! Thanks!

PDF Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nvz6E8D6btnE286kvCQEbLyqJqKNHhd-

Duration
First 5 Room Dungeon: Lair of the Watermancer
Repository: Templates

Thank you for sharing. Very useful!

Yeah, this is great, thanks for putting this together!

Thanks, @BlazingPolyhedron and @rpgerminator! I hope it can help. Iā€™ve been messing around and brainstorming some disruptions using the sheet and itā€™s really a fun excercise since the community came up with so many types.

Iā€™m hoping others will chime in and share how they would include disruptions in their own encounters.

Lava melting armor. Absolutely brutal my dude.

You could have a dark magician summon bone spikes from the ground that pierce players and immobilize them. This would also cause line of sight, blocking other party members. I feel like you must channel your inner world of Warcraft to really get disruption right. Lol.

That sounds like an awesome encounter!

A story hook generator once suggested to me:ā€™ā€˜Volcanoes plot revenge.ā€™ā€™

I think it applies to this scenario. :laughing:

Nice Work! on these @KaneDriscolā€¦

Ideas to make this moreā€¦

• Level of Disruption: instead of a d6, make this a penalty to the room target. The harder the DISRUPTION the bigger the room penalty is. Say +1, +1, +2, +2, +3, +3ā€¦ or +1 thru +6ā€¦ or something to that effect.

• Damage, Disruption, and Duration: Make a sheet with a summary/idea list for each DDD. Add them into the existing worksheet, or make a worksheet for eachā€¦as applicable

(just spit balling ideas here!)

Either way, I think from a GM perspective this document has merit and should be pursued as a COMMUNITY PROJECT. What does everyone else think about it?

ā€¦ Game On!

Great way to showcase the method and use in game @KaneDriscol!..

Iā€™m not sure I understand your level of disruption idea, but it sounds awesome! I only included the d6 as a nod to Hankā€™s challenge tuning video.

But Iā€™m totally willing to make a worksheet for each of the 3 Ds if we can define it together as a community. I think there is a lot of opportunity for collaboration and discussion. I love community projects :slight_smile:

EDIT: Looks like @Paxx, just kicked it off :smile:

TN adjustment is one method, Making the PCs weaker is anotherā€¦I totally get where you are going here, but it becomes a limiting addition as opposed to an idea generating system. But TN12~TN18 is 6 and can be really Disruptive to the normal flow of a game :stuck_out_tongue:

I am thinking the mechanical system or method of making the worksheet work for GM.

You may be thinking of disruption, thematically, as it applies to the story.

I dont think the worksheet is a ā€œidea generating systemā€, more of a mechical method to track your current state (as a GM). and TN12-18 is a good ideaā€¦ I would go with TN10-16 but we are on the right train of thought, I think.