DBZ in ICRPG

inspiration

Hail Shield Wall!!!

I have been working on this for a while now (a pet project of mine), it is something i started back on the icrpg google+ page.

I thought I would throw it out and see what sticks to the Wall.

I am looking for some feed back, to see where i need to modify, remove or add to make this a fun, “playable” Bio-form/class. this is one in the same. it is the only way to make it work in my eyes.

so here we go.

Saiyans: bio-form and class
Across the galaxy there is a Warrior race known as Saiyans. Learning to harness the life energy (Ki), they reforge their own bodies through training and discipline, to become Deadly Warriors. Saiyan Warriors are masters of the martial arts. A Saiyan Warrior’s Ki infuses them with many abilities.

( for gameplay and balance these Saiyans don’t have tails. That might be to much for any DM to handle, but feel free to write up a Oozaru form. It could be fun.)

• Hearts: 1.
  • 8-10 points bio build/ DMs choice, 1 Ki Power from below.
  • STR,CON,CHR(+1 each)
  • Ki pool: 10+10 per milestone.
  • Combat: Punch/Kick Weapon effort
  • Energy Attack: cost = 1 Ki. Beam or Ball/ Magic effort. c/n/f
    You chose if your guy uses a beam attack or a ball attack at creation.

Energizing: sacrifice 1 turn to energize ( spend 1 hp = 5 Ki ) can not drop below 1 hp. Your body glows a bright color. Players choice of color on creation

Starter Reward:

• Near Death Experience: When a Saiyan is reduced to zero hearts and makes his death save on his own (not stabilized by teammate), he gains +1 to an ability stat of his choosing and +1 to death save dice. Each time. ( unless given a Zen-Zu Bean. then apply bonuses)

Recommended Gear:

• Weighted Wrist Bracers: +1 STR (Ring of Might) icrpg book pg 26.
  • Scouter: Scans for power lvl: Magic Effort Explodes (spell book) icrpg book pg 26.
  • Saiyan Armor: +1 Armor ( Common Armor) icrpg book pg 26.
  • Supplies: Food, Torch, 3 Flares.
  • Weapon optional {DM can choose to allow the player to swap out all }
  • Weapon optional { 3 Weapons for one Extra Ki power at creation, }
  • Weapon optional { But it has to be all 3 Weapons or no deal. }

Milestone Rewards:

• +1 Heart

• Zen-Zu beans ( 5 ) .(full heal)
    * “If” the Saiyan is given a bean and is below zero hp, Activate the Near Death Experience

• Super Saiyan 1 ( must have and be in Energize mode to activate)

• Super Saiyan 2 ( must have and be in Super Saiyan 1 to Activate)

• Super Saiyan 3 ( must have and be in Super Saiyan 2 to Activate)

• see below for breakdown:

Ki Powers:
Pick one at creation. Plus one per-milestone reward.

1. Flight: cost 1 Ki/1 round. fly/far.

2. Multi-Fireball: roll 1d6, spend total in ki/ Make that many energy ball attacks/ One action/ One target. 3 round cool down

3. Charge: Draws Ki from your surroundings. The character will gain 10 Ki per action. it goes away after the battle is over.

4. Aura of Protection: reaction, 1 point of Ki gains a +5 armor aura. It only lasts for one action. It costs no actions to use and can be put up automatically…

5. After Image effect: blurry/ Ki=5 / ALL enemies attacks are at hard to hit you.

6. Blinding Flash: blind/ Ki=5/ everyone make a dex check to close eyes/
    fail= blind for 1d4 rounds/ hard rolls on actions or attacks
    pass= blind for 1d4 turns/ hard roll on first action or attack

7. Energize mode: ( your mind and body are one for the next 5 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 1 actions, get +3 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll on the Exhaustion table

• Exhaustion table
      When ever your Combat Focus ends, roll 1d4
      1-Exhausted, ALL rolls are hard till you are fully healed
      2-Slowed reflexes, Lose a turn
      3-Body hurts, Lose 1d4 hp
      4-Pass out, till healed, ALL rolls are hard for 1d4 rounds after healed.
      5-You fell Great, Gain any lost hp back
      6-You fell Super, Gain any lost hp back & Gain +1 to Ki pool
  8. Special Energy Attack: ( 3 weapon Tags), this is a personalized energy attack. Sit down with the DM and come up with something fun. Use the “WEAPON TAG DESCRIPTIONS” icrpg book pg. 29-30. (some will not apply)
    (Example: Deadly, Piercing, Invisible ) Freeza’s finger point attack.” you die now” ask Krillan. lol
    (Example: Far, Unblockable, Explosive ) Goku’s Kame-ha-me-ha “ no need to explain this one”

• You might have to come up with or pull from Magic Tags from Yogg’s Spell book.

Power Modes:

Energize mode: ( your mind and body are one for the next 5 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 1 actions, get +3 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 1 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 4 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 2 actions, get +6 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 2X on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 2 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 3 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 4 actions, get +12 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 3X on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 3 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 2 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 8 actions, get +24 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 4X on the Exhaustion table

I’m assuming this is based on some property. If it is I’m not familiar with it (if I were to hazard a guess I’d say Dragon Ball Z???). But that said, the powers seem fair.

I really like the Near Death and the Energizing concepts!!!

yup its DBZ. i have been a fan of the show for years. so i thought id have some fun

Ozaru Form: +5 STR and CON, - 5 CHA, STR based Effort are X5 (before modifier)

love it. plus any armor that is non saiyan is destroyed dew to growth.

oh yeah and they can’t use any Power Modes but have a Special Energy Attack (BWAAAAAH!)

yup " mouth beam cannon ". boom

Outstanding job buddy. I got a could friends that have never tried TTRPG but love DBZ. This may win them over lol.

let me know if this brings them to gaming or if you have or make any
tweeks to the class and or bio form :+1:

Master Edition Rework:

Saiyans: bio-form

Across the galaxy there is a Warrior race known as Saiyans. Learning to harness the life energy (Ki), they reforge their own bodies through training and discipline, to become Deadly Warriors. Saiyan Warriors are masters of the martial arts. A Saiyan Warrior’s Ki infuses them with many abilities.

( for gameplay and balance these Saiyans don’t have tails. That might be too much for any DM to handle, but feel free to write up a Oozaru form. It could be fun.)

• 6 points bio build, 4 points effort, 1 Ki Power from below.* ( Hidden Potential character builds do not start with one )
  • STR,CON,CHR(+1 each)
  • Ki pool: 10+10 per milestone. Recovers at session end, unless stated by the DM
  • Combat: Punch/Kick Weapon effort
  • Energy Attack: cost = 1 Ki. Beam or Ball/ Magic effort. Rng c-n-f
    You choose if your hero uses a beam attack or a ball attack at creation.

Energizing: sacrifice 1 turn to energize ( spend 1 hp = 5 Ki ) can not drop below 1 hp. Your body glows a bright color. Players choice of color on creation

Near Death Experience: When a Saiyan is reduced to zero hearts and makes his death save on his own (not stabilized by teammate), he gains +1 to an ability stat of his choosing and +1 to death save dice. Each time. ( unless given a Zen-Zu Bean. then apply bonuses)

Options: the player can choose to swap out all 4 starter equipment for one Extra Ki power at creation, max of 2 at start, *( only if Hidden Potential was not chosen.)

• Hidden Potential : You have spent your days training, working harder than most. Never able to reach your true power. Something is holding you back. ( Restrict access to Energizing at creation, you can not take until your first milestone( or the DM can think of a fun way to have it happen, situational Nat 20 or Major deathsave) and only then, immediately choose 2 Ki powers). But all abilities Explode.

• Stubborn Pride : “You’re the Best around, and no one is going to bring you down”… or so you tell everyone. Cocky, Arrogant, Impulsive, this about sums you up. Diplomacy was never your strong point. ALL WIS checks are HARD, If you fail, you are triggered and must make WIS rolls to gain control.

Your pride has help in one area, Combat ( Start with Special Energy Attack, but skip your first milestone reward)

• OUTCAST: Actions in your past have earned you exile from the Saiyan home world. Perhaps you asked the wrong questions, or showed unsightly compassion, or Perhaps your power LvL was too high at Birth. You may have even been betrayed by a fellow Saiyan. All you know for sure is, they will have to find you to bring you to justice.

Milestone Rewards:

• +1 Heart
  • Zen-Zu beans ( 5 ) .( full Heal & Cure)
  • “If” the Saiyan is given a bean and is below zero hp, Activate the Near Death Experience
  • +1 KI Power
  • Super Saiyan 1 ( must have and be in Energize mode to activate)
  • Super Saiyan 2 ( must have and be in Super Saiyan 1 to Activate)
  • Super Saiyan 3 ( must have and be in Super Saiyan 2 to Activate)
    • see below for breakdown:

Ki Powers:

Pick one at creation* ( Hidden Potential character builds do not start with one ). Plus one per-milestone reward.

1. Flight: cost 1 Ki/1 round. fly/far.
  2. Multi-Fireball: roll 1d6, spend total in ki/ Make that many energy ball attacks/ One action/ One target. 3 round cool down
  3. Charge: Draw KI energy from your surroundings. The character will gain 10 Ki per round. it goes away after the battle is over.
  4. Aura of Protection: reaction, 1 point of Ki gains a +5 armor aura. It only lasts for one action. It costs no actions to use and can be put up automatically…
  5. After Image effect: blurry/ Ki=5 / ALL enemies attacks are hard to hit you.
  6. Blinding Flash: blind/ Ki=5/ everyone make a dex check to close eyes/
    fail= blind for 1d4 rounds/ hard rolls on actions or attacks
    pass= blind for the next 1d4 ( players actions ) / but hard roll on first action or attack you make. Clear after that.
  7. Energize mode: ( your mind and body are one for the next 5 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 1 action, get +3 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll on the Exhaustion table
  • Exhaustion table
    Whenever your Combat Focus ends, roll 1d6
  • 1-Exhausted, drop to 0 hp, ALL rolls are hard till you are fully healed
  • 2-Slowed reflexes, skip your next turn, move to bottom of turn order
  • 3-Body hurts, Lose 1d4 hp
  • 4-Pass out, till healed, ALL rolls are hard for 1d4 rounds after healed.
  • 5-You fell Great, Gain any lost hp back
  • 6-You fell Super, Gain any lost hp back & Gain +5 to Ki pool
  1. Special Energy Attack: ( 3 weapon Tags), this is a personalized energy attack. Sit down with the DM and come up with something fun. Use the “WEAPON TAG DESCRIPTIONS” icrpg book pg. 29-30. (some will not apply)
    (Example: Deadly, Piercing, Invisible ) Freeza’s finger point attack.” you die now” ask Krillan. lol
    (Example: Far, Unblockable, Explosive ) Goku’s Kame-ha-me-ha “ no need to explain this one” You might have to come up with or pull from Magic Tags from Yogg’s Spell book.

Power Modes:

Energize mode: ( your mind and body are one for the next 5 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 1 action, get +3 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 1 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 4 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 2 actions, get +6 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 2X on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 2 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 3 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 4 actions, get +12 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 3X on the Exhaustion table

Super Saiyan 3 : ( your mind and body are one for the next 2 rounds, Roll double Weapon Damage and Basic effort, Move Far and take 8 actions, get +24 armor. Sacrifice all remaining Ki points when it finishes. Must roll 4X on the Exhaustion table

do you plan on making Namekians as well?

i could look in to it. they have their own fun thing they can do.

would love to see more dbz stuff