Modern/Cyberpunk Tokens

art

I’m in a similar boat to Alex. I’m down to just one Patreon subscription (bet you can guess which Big Ol’ Badass that is, given that I’m up to GMing 60-some games in his system!) but many of the other patreons I would like to support put their work on DTRPG at some point after it has been unlocked by patrons. This way I can still support the other folks I want to, when I can, when what they made is what I need.

I mean, there’s also technically no reason I couldn’t turn on a Patreon for a month, guzzle whatever I need into a hard drive, then turn the subscription right back off… but that doesn’t sit well with me ethically. I know the creator would get more of my money—and I’d have it to give—if it wasn’t a subscription model but instead a la carte.

Lol!!!
Chaologic welcome to success!!! Well to a success.

My personal Take
As a current Patreon subscriber, it’s cool if you post things on drive through or other platforms for 2 or 3 bucks. As long as I see continued improvement. I am donating based on potential value that I see.

However, use drive through as a promotion/advertisement for now. 2 or 3 things to improve the Patreon output can be color variants or PSD layers so it’s easy for us to adjust color/images.

While you are not there yet, I strongly suggest ultimately following Printable Hero’s model. Seen here Printable Hero’s Patreon make sure you can see all 6 tiers.

Another following suit is Paper Forge make sure to see all 5 tiers.

Printable Heros has a Self contained website tied to Patreon, having access to your entire collection. Different levels of subscriptions for color variations, cut files (my current personal subscription), and PSD files. Paper forge stores it all mostly on Patreon.

But the reality, it is the access to the catalog that we pay for. it’s the years and years of work that we can use at need.

Right now, it’s my subscription to you is about supporting you in learning your craft. in 3 or 4 years it will be about access to your catalog.

Learning your Trade
Right now, make mistakes, try new things, work on your workflow. Post something on Drivethrough as an experiment for $3 and see how it does and how it works out for you. Find out what others are posting for $3 or $5 and see how that works…

Start Looking at what people are playing…and what is lacking in the market. Look at what new material is comming out.

The biggest market is Fantasy!, and following D&Ds and PFs release schedule might serve you, but you are competing against established groups.

Sci-fi, cyberpunk, Moderns, are underserved.I use Super Hero assets for some of those, due to the Lack…it would be a slower burn to get into those markets, but easier to establish yourself.

Later Look at Roll 20 and Fantasy Grounds…play with light mapping on your items.
Then start learning about the business side of being a digital artist.

My personal Hope is that you become one of the goto people for Digital assets for gaming. That your $5 sub becomes a Locked Founder tier, and you have $3 to $10 tiers and thousands of subscribers. As well as Asset Packs that you bundle and sell in other formats…but when I search for Executive Chair Brown Sci-fi…I get 20 chairs that might fit my need from your catalog.

Don’t worry about cheating your Patreons as long as you inform them of what you are doing and why. Like if you put Chaologic Year 2 on drive through for $20 with all your work from 2nd year i’d feel cheated…but if you put the bundles that might sell well…Nope.

Sorry for rambling, just saying don’t feel like you need to give $5 of value to your Patreon every month…and stating that the Value is $3 on Drive Through is cheating your Patreons.

It’s about we believing that in the long run, our subscription will be worth more to us, than if we bought just some of your material.

Vision of 2022
Drats, I need an Executive Chair with a futuristic armrests with computer consoles on them and some metal looking sewers with sparks and glowing water??? it’s probably in Chaologics collection…I’ll download it now.

This support is awesome, and I’ve a long way to go on learning about deliverables and better workflow, but I’m confident I can improve with an awesome, experienced community like this. Thanks everyone.

Totally agree with Alex on this one. I have a budget to support many artists of all stripes on Patreon, and my limit is stretched thin. I could purchase one offs, but can’t add another $5/mo right now to it.

I noticed after reading through that you said that you had them on your website- but I don’t see a mention of a website? Where would I find it?

Token packs are coming to daydreamsandtinkering.com! I’m restructuring my Patreon a bit in the next month, so offerings on my website will reflect that. The short version: there will be more available soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ll definitely be hitting you up there! I really like what you’ve shown!

Thanks a bunch! I’m figuring this out as I go. I’ve gotten a lot of requests for color variations, detail variations, and all kinds of themes, so I’m just going to post all kinds of stuff for whatever people are interested in.

Cyber Clinic is up: https://www.daydreamsandtinkering.com/modernfuturistic-token-packs/cyber-clinic

Really killer work!!! You crushed those.

Indeed, these are very nice. Well done as usual!

Yep instant Parton! Love your work man keep on keepin on.

Thank you so much! If you’ve got ideas for packs, I want to hear them! :smiley:
Next one is almost ready…

I’m really glad you made these available on your web site. Purchased!!!

Shield wall: please grab these. They are awesome.

Thank you so much for the support!

Hey token hungry folks, the Street Market is up, here’s a little preview. I’m trying to get them cranked out since AS just launched, haha! https://www.daydreamsandtinkering.com/modernfuturistic-token-packs/street-market-1-vtt-token-pack

A few JUNK'D Digital Assets

There are some updates to available token packs! Dig on these:

Expanding the creative possibilities one pack at a time! :smiley:

These are so freaking cool man, you’re cranking these out!

OMG. These are great. There’s such a lack of decent modern tokens out there. These will definitely be my go-tos.

Them cars and motorcycles are cool, maybe you can work on a small batch for JUNK’D? Weapon options and what not…I’m thinking more paper minis, but VTT might be cool for that game also. Something to mull over.:red_car::red_car::racing_car::police_car: