Custom Character Sheet

Taking inspiration from the character sheet in ME and from some of the sheets other people have posted, I hacked together this custom sheet for my players.

There aren’t really many guns in our setting yet, and I wanted a more general tag than GUN for the d8.

Other than that I added a couple of little bits so we can track some of the house rule effects we use. I also added tags to the stats to clarify when you might want to use each one.

I’m probably gonna keep tweaking here and there as we play.

Love the “Device/Enchanted” in stead of Gun. It opens up some possibilities

I thought so too, I’m not entirely satisfied with calling for “device effort”, but I feel like it’s pretty clear, and pretty versatile.

Great sheet. Just a quick note / question - is DEF not calculated with CON bonuses instead of DEX bonuses though?

Cheers,
Michael

That is correct! I’m just used to using DEX + ARMOR, so that’s what I’m rolling with here.

The way I handle armor is that a character can wear their CON bonus in layers of armor. Characters can also earn armor proficiency in +3 chunks. So a fighter would start with one chunk, allowing him to wear 3 + CON layers of armor. If you wear more than you CON, then all rolls are hard.

I also use player-facing DEF rolls, so it makes more sense in a way for the characters to try and move out of the way of the attack, if they miss the roll, then they hope their armor takes the hit.

I think all of this might be a little too complicated, so I might change my mind next week, who knows?

I know Professor Dungeon Master’s game, Deathbringer, Def = 10 + Dex bonus. Con strictly ties to HP.

I think Legolas or Aragon would use their Dex bonus when determining their Def.

I think that’s where I’m coming from. I’m a player in a game my brother runs, I think he runs with PDM’s rules. Honestly, I would probably be open to a player using their CON as base DEF, but DEX does make sense to me, especially when I’m asking players to “Roll to dodge”

I’ve also thought about leaving DEF as strictly your armor bonus. Then I’d have to ask players to roll DEX and and DEF, or roll CON and add DEF, depending on what kind of attack they’re defending.