Conversion

warhammer-diskwars

luthor-huss vokmar-the-grim
Interesting, I was looking at some of my old games and realized there are 6 stats on the Warhammer Diskwars disks. Possible use, hmm?

I mean, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and CHA are all about right.

The 34 and 36 defense scores are gnarly, though! lol

Or are those hit points?

They are the cost to bring them into the field. So, ignore, lol.

What do you think?

I think that there are too many elements to these disks, it becomes somewhat confusing to look at. However, the text box is really interesting and could work for ICRPG. I would love to see @Runehammer try this out for one of his project? Please? :blush:

If you have to have a chart, indexing one thing to another, it’s already way too complicated. In my mind, just go around the wheel, left to right. So, for that first guy, Luthor, his stats would be:

STR +2
DEX +5
CON +5
INT +4
WIS +5
CHA +1

And then just move on. “But but his attack str isn’t his str!” you say. Well, my advice is: don’t get so rigidly caught up in all those things. Far better is to just find a way to easily reference the cards.

Are you thinking of using these as PC tokens or as NPC sheets/trackers etc?

Ah, I understand, thank you

Just experimenting with them at the moment. I haven’t thought about it either way. What do you recommend?

I was thinking they’d be cool NPC tokens. I wouldn’t bother with STR/DEX/CON/ETC.

I’d think about what you want NPCs to do, and then look at the symbols on the disk and interpret them.

My take, (keeping in mind that I know nothing about Warhammer or Diskwars)

Crown - loyalty, or maybe hearts of CHA effort to earn their loyalty.

Arrow - DEX, so movement/ranged attack

Black Circle - Attack

White Circle - Defence

Star - Hits (skip HP, just mark of a point for every hit, two on a crit.)

Shield - DEF bonus granted to PC if the PC has earned the token’s loyalty.

This way you don’t need a table or a cross reference, you don’t need anyone else to understand the system the disks came from, you just reference the token directly.