There has been some chatter about creating some more index cards and @Andreas had the great idea of putting it to the community. We have a fantastic community of creatives and this would be a wonderful opportunity to contribute.
The general idea is that anyone who would like to contribute could draw an index card within the URBAN/MODERN theme. These could go great with games like BearCats or Vigilante City (or any modern games you might be playing). We’ll then compile them together for the community.
I’ve put together a couple of templates that you can use. So far I have files for Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Photoshop, a PDF, and a jpg. Hopefully, these can let you focus on the art.
Index Cards are such a fantastic resource because they are more than just monsters or characters or items. Each index card can represent an idea and can be interpreted in a multitude of ways and are only limited by your imagination. I’m going to pull out my tablet and get to work brainstorming!
List of URBAN/MODERN cards so far + artist
- THE METRO: It may not be the cleanest, but the public train is the fastest way to get around town. - Kane
- TRUSTY BACKPACK: If there is one thing you can rely on, it’s your backpack. It’s seen its fair share adventures. - Kane
- SEMI-TRUCK: Sometimes you just need a really, really big truck. -Krzysiek_Jeczala
- SKYSCRAPERS: Pillars of concrete, glass, and metal pierce the sky. - Krzysiek_Jeczala
- DRAIN: A metal grain that connects to the sewers. - Krzysiek_Jeczala
- TUNNEL ENTRANCE: There is only one way to find out where it leads. - Krzysiek_Jeczala
- MYSTERIOUS MEETING: A shadowy figure just waiting under a flickering streetlight. - Kane
- FINGERPRINT: It appears the culprit left something behind.