Character Archetype Cards

I am intending to use ICRPG in a school setting where I will have quite a few groups. Character creation will be something that happens often, so I wanted to streamline it, without using prefilled character sheets like in ‘Heroes of the Hammer’.

Inspired by Matthew Colville’s Quick Start Cards, I boiled down the Characters section of CORE down into Archetype Cards, including all the Gear, Weapons, Suggested Bio-form and some advice on how to play that Archetype.

As it is a lot of copy/paste from CORE I won’t share the file here, unless I get Hank’s approval first.

*EDIT: With Hank’s permission I can share them with you. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RmOLq2GA_ty9PAGE1OcTgUCUQmtqpGpY0nsiquvbHl8

Kid-Friendly Character Sheets

Very cool. I like the idea of having them pick

I ran ICRPG at a con like this. I filled out a character sheet for each class and let the players choose. Good stuff, dude. :blush::+1:

Seriously great way to show new folks the system. Take a Hero Coin. :herocoin:

Very nice indeed. :+1:

This is the Guardian. All this information is in the Quickstart guide, so I think it is OK to release it.

ICRPG%20Character%20Quick%20Architypes

I love it. I also love that you’re using ICRPG in an educational setting. Take another hero coin for inspiring the next generation. :herocoin:

I like the setup! Excellent way to make first time players feel confident in what they do. Just one side comment, considering the size of those weapons I don’t see how it could use a shield… :wink:

These loadouts are all just copy/paste from CORE. With a couple of tweaks.

Ha! Grizzly… I was like, “There ain’t no way a dwarf is carrying those three weapons all at once! Let alone a shield.” I know the rules allow it but it did immediately broke my brain :slight_smile:

I would caution against this with new players; there will always be someone at the table who is into realism and while I know the rules permit it, it can quickly break the 3rd wall. I usually let players pick a larger 2-handed weapon, a more traditional 1-handed weapon, and a smaller weapon. I just tell them to think about what they could actually carry around when deciding on their weapons.

What program did you use to make them and where did you get the images? These are the pathfinder figure flat images but in terms of how you found them – pinterest? Any photoshop involved or were the backgrounds already white by default?

Since this is a partial build rather than a full pre-made (characters are getting to assign their stats), it would be neat to put this information in a box in the upper right or left hand corner of a full character sheet and instead of listing the gear and weapons, move those down into the gear slots on the actual character sheet.

Oh and I’m pretty big on defending what we share here. I’m not the final say but this doesn’t give away any of the rules and as mentioned, is already out there. There is a lot more to ICRPG than what you are displaying on the card.

If someone wanted to know the rules, they just need to watch Roll for Effort :slight_smile:

With Hank’s permission I can share them with you.

I kept the load outs as close to the ones already in CORE as I could. I just wanted the same information in the Classes section, but all together in one place, rather having to navigate my players through all the pages.

I used Google Slides and got all the images on Google Images, already with transparent backgrounds. I wanted to keep the actual stats out of it, but have a ‘This stat is the most important for your class’ section, as I did want to encourage some variation. You are free to take a copy and add them in yourself if you need them for your groups.

DUDE! I didn’t even know google slides was a thing! In just a few minutes I was able to start doing stuff with this. Thank you so much! I’ve been seeing people post stuff on here and then down at my own word doc and feeling like, “How the heck are they doing these?”

Google images question – > most images have a default white background. Did you search for ones with transparent backgrounds?

Also after looking at them, it is just the Guardian that messed with me. All the other weapon choices for the characters make sense. It was just bad luck for that to be the first fuller image you shared from the overall group. These are really cool!

Click on ‘Tools’ then under Color click ‘Transparent’

Holy stinkin’ crap! You are my new best friend :slight_smile:

Time to trick out my Star Wars hack and get it posted on here.

@Kreeba, what’s Google slides? I’m totally unfamiliar with it. School me, oh wise one!

This works amazing. I was able to pull tile pics and copy single shots with token maker. Then load them in to roll20. Now I have place and turn tiles. Lol.
I Just need to work on not making campaign size adventures and shorten them up for icrpg quick story lines.

@Lakins, indeed man. Prep one night at a time. :blush::+1:

its hard, i have longer stories in my brain. i have been watching the posted icrpg videos and i have been noticing the encounters time frame, its takes up most of the videos. 2-4 hours. For " in to the Dead lands"

where as something like " prisoners of Molok" would be multiple game nights… is there a happy medium @JDStirling.

even the shadow-run game we ran in had 1 title screen, 4 maps(apartment, warehouse, lab, hallway) then a closing screen.

so that is the setup im trying for when building my encounters.
L.O.G

1. open screen, obstacle
  2. 2-4 maps, Locations
  3. end screen, Goal

but my story ideas end up being bigger than this. im just more “use” to a campaign setups, not a quick one shot adventures.

i want to set up a love craft style game a slow burn with a horror feel . but dont see away to make it happening in a one shot… hope this makes sense.

Feeling Frustrated :frowning_face:

@Lakins, the trick is to boil it down to its most important parts. This is something I struggle with too when designing a one-shot.

I try to look at every part and if it seems like one piece could be skipped without taking anything away from the plot, I cut it. It may not be the right way to do it, but it’s worked for me. The main key is to get it tight, cut out the proverbial “empty room in the dungeon” so to speak.

These are great thank you for sharing them. And thank Runehammer for allowing them to be shared!